University of Detroit Mercy: 2018-2019 Application Cycle

21 hours ago, pagirl17 said:

When I was pasting my UDM essay for their supplemental on CASPA, it wasn't showing spaces in between the paragraphs I have pasted. Did this happen to anyone else? I hope it's not a big deal 😫

It's not a big deal. They stated they only wanted a few sentences for that part of the supplemental anyways 

Edited by Potatolife

18 minutes ago, llamagal said:

Where did you get that info? It's not on CASPA, their website and I've been to info meetings and didn't hear that either. Thank you

I’ve been to several meetings and spoke with different professors and they all said the same thing! They just want to know in a few sentences why UDM. How long was yours? 

1 minute ago, Potatolife said:

I’ve been to several meetings and spoke with different professors and they all said the same thing! They just want to know in a few sentences why UDM. How long was yours? 

About three thousand characters, but they give you space for 5 thousand and don't explicitly state a limit anywhere. There's no fluff. I don't think I could say why UDM in only a few sentences lol. I'm sure its okay (hopefully). Thanks for your help! 🙂

10 minutes ago, llamagal said:

About three thousand characters, but they give you space for 5 thousand and don't explicitly state a limit anywhere. There's no fluff. I don't think I could say why UDM in only a few sentences lol. I'm sure its okay (hopefully). Thanks for your help! 🙂

I wrote about the same as you. I couldn't write why UDM in a couple sentences either. If the limit is 5000 then I don't think they expect everyone to write a paragraph or two. If they cared that much about it, they would make the limit shorter than 5000 characters. I think we will be okay, try not to worry too much! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, pagirl17 said:

I wrote about the same as you. I couldn't write why UDM in a couple sentences either. If the limit is 5000 then I don't think they expect everyone to write a paragraph or two. If they cared that much about it, they would make the limit shorter than 5000 characters. I think we will be okay, try not to worry too much! 

I believe CASPA makes it 5,000 characters like the personal statement. I’m sure you’ll be fine! 🙂 

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, agpa19 said:

Hi! 

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing, it’s been a few weeks now since we submitted our applications, how is everyone else holding up? Based on previous cycles, seems like interview requests should be happening soon?

Just patiently waiting! Yes, the email stated that interview invites will be sent out in March. How about you? 

Edited by Potatolife

On 2/4/2019 at 10:30 AM, agpa19 said:

Sweet! This is exciting news. Crossing my fingers! Any advice for how I should prepare for a potential interview? I purchased a book with some tips, but anything UDM specific you think would be helpful?

It’s really laid back and conversational but know what a PA does, why you want to be a PA, and why UDM. They will base the following questions off of those responses. 

Edited by LucyMI