Shadowing in south Florida

Good afternoon everyone.  I really want to start shadowing  so that  can get a closer look at the PA profession.  However, I'm having a difficult time finding a PA to shadow.  I've spoken to a couple at a large hospital in my area and they both ahve told me that they no longer allow shadowing due to previous issues with patient confidentiality.  Does anyone have any tips?  I'm at the point that I'm about to start cold calling hospitals.  What do you guys think?  Is there a better ay to go about this?

I had decent luck with my state PA association's forums (FAPA in your case).  There's a state-specific forum here, as well.  There were a couple of people that had older posts and weren't too excited about it anymore, but I kept at it and finally got the minimum hours done.  I also got a PA that I worked with to sign the form.  Keep at it and you'll find a solution.  Good luck!

Archived