Some other things come into play. It is a state school so out of state tuition is much higher.  So in the end those who get offers and keep that seat will most likely be an in-state student.  

Maybe a hair of it is they prefer to interview Floridians, but more of it has to do that a resident is more likely to keep their seat with in-state tuition. 

I think it's worth it to apply but how likely are you keep your seat at FIU if you are offered a seat in your home state with lower tuition?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By pbluver97
      Hello everyone,
      I graduate in May with my BS in Health Sciences.
      My cGPA is a 3.70
      My sGPA is a 3.65
      I have about 1,050 PCE hours. About 700 are as a physical therapy aide, and about 350 as a dermatology medical assistant.
      I have 250 HCE hours as a dietary aide in a hospital
      150 volunteer hours as a nutrition aide, 30 volunteer hours as a patient transporter
      I take the GRE at the end of May
      LORs: Dermatologist I work for, Chem 2 professor, Ochem professor
      Shadowing: 19 hours- Vascular surgery PA (6) Family Medicine (13)
    • By patelp
      I would love to get some guidance of previous or current Canadians applying to PA schools in USA. 
      Thank you! 🙂
    • By TannerH
      I am having a great deal of anxiety and stress regarding applying to schools this coming month. As I am sure a ton of Pre-PA students are, I am finding myself wondering if I am "good enough" or have done enough to stand out to PA programs. I have tried to make myself a well rounded candidate and any recommendations on how to improve would be greatly appreciated! My stats and details are below. 
      Undergraduate degree: Kinesiology and Health Promotion 
      Undergraduate GPA 3.6
      Science GPA: 3.6
      Undergraduate Classes:
      A&P I & II w/ Lab
      General Chem I & II w/ lab
      Organic Chem I w/ lab
      General Biology I w/ lab
      Cell Biology  
      Microbiology w/ lab 
      General psych and Sociology 
      Medical Terminology 
      Statistics 
      Other Classes: 
      Gross Anatomy 
      Biomechanics 
      Exercise Physiology 
      GRE: 298 & 3.5
      Experience: ED Scribe 2,000 hrs
      ED technician: 100 hours (just started)
      PT Aide: 500 hours 
      Shadowing: 75 hours ED PA's 
      50 Hours Orthopedic PA & Surgeon in clinic and OR
      Volunteer hours: 55 
      Collegiate Involvement: College baseball student athlete and team captain
      Kinesiology Club treasurer  

• By KH21444
      Hello!
      I'm currently in my undergrad program taking my prerequisites for PA school. I plan on graduating in the Spring of 2023 and applying for PA school that same year.
      As I begin my PA school research, I keep having self-doubts on my ability to learn the content in PA school, which questions my ability to "make it" as a PA.
      While I am doing well in my undergrad/prerequisite courses, I fear I am not genuinely learning the information - just merely memorizing and doing well on exams. My question is: Will I/How badly will I struggle in PA school if I don't remember/didn't efficiently learn the coursework from prerequisites like Biology/A&P/Chemistry?
      I do not fear applying for PA school/getting accepted (aware that it may not happen the first time I apply), but my current GPA is 3.8 and I've been working full-time as a medical assistant for 3 years (plenty of PCE, HCE & shadowing). However, I fear getting into PA school and having the feeling of "what did I get myself into". I've had PAs that I work for all tell me that I can do it, but I keep having this lingering self-doubt that my ADHD brain and I will not be able to grasps concepts like others will due to my lack of deep understanding during prerequisites (and just having recently been diagnosed with ADHD & still learning what medication works best for me).
      Is this feeling normal?
      Thank you to whoever can give me some honest insight!
    • By masval2
      Hello!
      I have browsing this forum for awhile and appreciate everyones time and advice.
      To explain a little about my situation, I have a BA in Kinesiology that i completed in 2016. I became a personal trainer after school and really fell in love with client interactions, but felt as though I could do more for myself and my career. I went back to complete some science pre requisites for Physical Therapy school but realized DPT wasn't for me. I decided to leave my job at the commercial training job to work with partners/friends at a private training gym that we started together. This was tough at the time, and unfortunately COVID ruined our business, and lost my job.
      I was lost, bitter and decided I no longer wanted to be a trainer anymore. I hate the business side of it after grinding in that sector for years, but love working with patients and healthcare. I wanted more for my life. My family is full of medical professionals and always loved the healthcare environment. I decided to go back to school online while locked down to keep me busy and learning more about health. I was accepted into an MS of kinesiology and have been realizing that its not as fun for me as it used to be since I want something different. I am fully intending to apply to PA school next year after I finish my masters and remaining pre-reqs this summer.
      With that being said, I currently have the option to switch my graduate focus from MS Kinesiology to MS Health Sciences, which has courses in Epidemiology, Global Health, Theories and models of health behaviors, Program design and evaluation, etc.
      I emailed my advisor to make the switch as I feel as though it will make my application stronger for PA school, but am now unsure if it will make a difference between MS Kine or Health Sciences. 
      Any thoughts or comments?
      Thank you so much for your time

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More