Jump to content

Tips and Pearls for all applicants.

Recommended Posts

1. If required to submit a photograph of self, please make it professional in nature. No duck-facing, no spring break in Cancun with shades.  Generally, a passport pix does the trick

2. Court-mandated volunteer hours DO NOT count for obvious reasons.

3. Stop texting, using your cell to surf the interwebs during the interview day.  Nothing should be more interesting to you on interview day.

4. Research in-depth the program which extended the invitation to interview.  We EXPECT you to have lots of questions when we meet you.  Having no questions shows lack of interest and / or lack of drive to do prep-work.

5. Above all, be truthful and be nice to EVERYONE during your time there.

Good Luck!

Dog

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/13/2017 at 9:30 PM, Devildog said:

1. If required to submit a photograph of self, please make it professional in nature. No duck-facing, no spring break in Cancun with shades.  Generally, a passport pix does the trick

For heaven's sake do this. Get a nice, dedicated photo printed on photo paper. 

You would not believe how many pictures I see that are either color photocopies or some kind of prom photo with an ex-boyfried cropped out. Tip: Passport photos they don't let you smile. Have a friend take a head and shoulders shot of you against a blank background and print it our at a drug store if you have to...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2017 at 11:46 PM, CJAdmission said:

For heaven's sake do this. Get a nice, dedicated photo printed on photo paper. 

You would not believe how many pictures I see that are either color photocopies or some kind of prom photo with an ex-boyfried cropped out. Tip: Passport photos they don't let you smile. Have a friend take a head and shoulders shot of you against a blank background and print it our at a drug store if you have to...

I had a professional college graduation picture taken. Would it be okay to use that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2018 at 11:05 PM, Potatolife said:

I had a professional college graduation picture taken. Would it be okay to use that?

That should work well.

GL

Dog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More