Tips and Pearls for all applicants.

1. If required to submit a photograph of self, please make it professional in nature. No duck-facing, no spring break in Cancun with shades.  Generally, a passport pix does the trick

2. Court-mandated volunteer hours DO NOT count for obvious reasons.

3. Stop texting, using your cell to surf the interwebs during the interview day.  Nothing should be more interesting to you on interview day.

4. Research in-depth the program which extended the invitation to interview.  We EXPECT you to have lots of questions when we meet you.  Having no questions shows lack of interest and / or lack of drive to do prep-work.

5. Above all, be truthful and be nice to EVERYONE during your time there.

Good Luck!

Dog

On 12/13/2017 at 9:30 PM, Devildog said:

1. If required to submit a photograph of self, please make it professional in nature. No duck-facing, no spring break in Cancun with shades.  Generally, a passport pix does the trick

For heaven's sake do this. Get a nice, dedicated photo printed on photo paper. 

You would not believe how many pictures I see that are either color photocopies or some kind of prom photo with an ex-boyfried cropped out. Tip: Passport photos they don't let you smile. Have a friend take a head and shoulders shot of you against a blank background and print it our at a drug store if you have to...

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/16/2017 at 11:46 PM, CJAdmission said:

For heaven's sake do this. Get a nice, dedicated photo printed on photo paper. 

You would not believe how many pictures I see that are either color photocopies or some kind of prom photo with an ex-boyfried cropped out. Tip: Passport photos they don't let you smile. Have a friend take a head and shoulders shot of you against a blank background and print it our at a drug store if you have to...

I had a professional college graduation picture taken. Would it be okay to use that?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived