Milpitas/San Jose - Pre-PA Seeking Employment

Happy Holidays everyone! 

I am a recent graduate from a formal one-year Post Baccalaureate Program at a UC where I discovered that becoming a PA actually aligns more with what I want to pursue... I joined this forum with hopes I could get more valuable insight from others on what I should do this school year. Next quarter (January through March), I will officially be enrolled in a combined anatomy + physiology course (first of the three-quarter sequence) at a local community college (expected completion of the sequence: early August). I have also been lightly/moderately reviewing for the GRE that I plan to take some time next year.

Although I was initially surprised, I completely respect the requirement the vast majority of PA programs require: Direct Patient Care experience which I am highly interested in obtaining in the near future. I have been actively searching for prospective opportunities to receive "on-the-job-training" that I have heard many others on social media have obtained; however, I haven't had any luck. Due to my current financial circumstances, it will be challenging for me to enroll in a formal program to receive a certification to become a CNA, phlebotomist, EMT, etc. What might be some opportunities in the Milpitas/San Jose area where I could obtain on-the-job-training in a role that would allow me to earn direct patient care hours? THANK YOU so much in advance! I would be tremendously grateful for any input. 

Best,

HT

Archived