3 withdraws from same course (general chem I)

Hello, so last fall of 2016 i was in general chemistry I and trigonometry, within half of the semester i realized that i needed to withdrawal from chemistry because I just could not connect with how the professor was teaching, and I also was stupidly putting my job before my classes which effected my testing grades as well. The spring of 2017 i decided to also, stupidly, take the chemistry lecture class online....that was by far the worst decision i made being that i had no professor to talk to in person, reading page after page online didn’t help, and it was just awful all around and extremely hard for me to learn anything, so i withdrawled. This semester I’ve had a lot of family issues that really got in the way half of the semester, i managed to get a B in A&P, an A in my Bio 181 class i retook, but I’m at a C- in chemistry. My question is what would look better and benefit me better....3 Ws and an A in the class (i know i can get an A next semester) or 2 Ws, a C, and then an A.....i have until tomorrow before 4pm to decide, thank you.

From your aside about the bio class you also retook, I think you already have more repeats/withdrawals than that chemistry class. Assuming all those Ws show up on your transcript, it is not going to paint the picture you would like. Assuming you have more chemistry courses to take, it’s time to buckle down, get your priorities straight, and do well the first time in Chem 2 or whatever comes next.

You get each class once in PA school. Now is when you have to demonstrate that. Showing the program that you took one chemistry class four times isn’t the way to do that.

If it was me, I’d finish your semester the best you can and turn over a new leaf next semester.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived