Shadow request letter

Hello. Below I have posted a letter I am considering sending to a PA for a potential shadow opportunity. IParts have been taken from other letters I found on the forum. I am just looking to see if this letter is appropriate. Any editing would be appreciated. This will be my first shadow experience for a PA and like others i have concerns about how much time i should be looking to spend with them. It is also close to holiday time and what wondering if i should wait till after the new year to send the letter? Thanks for the help.

Dear Ms. Z

I am a recent graduate of the Emergency Medicine degree program at the University of Pittsburgh (2014). I am currently working as a Telemetry Technician at [Hospital 1]and an Emergency Room Technician at [Hospital 2] I'm working towards applying to the 2018 cycle of physician assistant programs and am looking for an opportunity to learn more about the PA profession. I found your information through the TJUH and Philadelphia PA program website, where I discovered you have experience at [Hospital 1] as well. I am writing you in hopes of requesting a chance to shadow you.

I recognize that you are busy and your time is valuable. If you are willing, I would welcome the opportunity to come in and observe you at work for a day or two. I would be very grateful for the chance to gain more insight into a profession I have increasing wanted to partake in over the last few years.

I will be contacting your office next week to further discuss this with you. Feel free to contact me beforehand at (xxx)-xxx-xxxx or email me at shadowing@email.com. Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Sincerely,

X

Archived