Job Hunting - New Grad Difficulties, tips?

Hello WA PAs,

I am a new graduate who has been having a difficult time finding jobs that will take me on as a new graduate.  I am looking for primary care, urgent care, or ED positions.  I would ideally like to stay in the Everett area but am flexible with commuting. 

Tactics

I've applied to all the major hospitals, various clinics, used online sources like Indeed.  I have contacted numerous hospital recruiters with a letter of introduction and some have been kind enough to respond and say while no positions are currently open to new grads, they will keep an eye out.  I have looked at WAPA's job posting as well. 

Overall, it has been frustrating submitting an application and having it lost in the void with no follow up -- even a rejection would be nice, so I can cross it off the list.

General tips would be appreciated. Thank you for reading!

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you both for responding--sorry for the delay.  Still hunting but have 2 interviews coming up.  Still pretty rough though. 

On 12/12/2017 at 5:57 PM, ELKPA said:

You're not alone. I wish I could offer help, I am a soon to be new grad that's hoping to relocate back to WA. I am just starting to put applications out there, and would also be interested if anyone has advice if this is something I run into as well. 

Congrats on graduating soon and good luck on the PANCE.  The WA licensing process was pretty smooth and the DOH staff was very helpful.  I know other states really make you jump through hoops, so this was a pleasant surprise. :)

Archived