Sign in to follow this  

Looking for preceptor in Kansas City

Hi, I am a physician assistant student in Boston, Massachusetts. I will be starting my clinical rotations this coming May and am searching for clinical rotations in the Kansas City area. I am hoping to move to KC after graduation so I would love to do a rotation around that area. Does anyone know any PAs/MDs in the Kansas City area that are willing to precept students for any of their rotations? Or any tips on how to set up an out of state rotation? Thanks!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By PAssionate20
      Hello, 
      I'm looking for private tutoring for  PANCE to help me in certain areas. If anyone tutors please let me know.
      Thank you. 

• By TallPA
      Hello everyone,
      I have been playing professional baseball since 2014. Due to covid, there is a chance my career could be cut short due to contracts (long un-needed story). I was a student athlete in college until I was drafted after my junior year in 2014. There are definitely more difficult situations out there, but being a student athlete at my school meant I had 2-3 hours to study per day starting at 8-9pm and we lifted at 5am every day. Finishing my degree in minor league baseball was just as tough. 12 hour bus rides twice a week, hotels, 10 hour days at the field, and playing for 6 months with only 2 days off a month. Not trying to make excuses, it was just tough for me.
      I still need to take organic chemistry, but my cGPA is 3.3 and my sGPA is 3.2. I have not taken the GRE and I have about 80 documented hours of shadowing, with over 300 undocumented hours.

Until it is certain my career has ended, what can I do to stay fresh on all my sciences? Have I missed anything to apply for PA school? Do I have a chance of getting in to school? A friend of mine is a physician and said medical/PA schools love unique stories and backgrounds. Even with my story, I want everything else to show I have a passion for medicine and I’m willing to bust my butt in school when I can strictly focus on school.
      Thank y’all in advance for any honest feedback!
    • By PAgirl199
      Hey everyone! 

I was recently accepted into a program for fall of 2020. BIOCHEM was not a prerequisite, but I have been currently retaking the class in case I had to re apply. My acceptance is conditional based on having an up to date physical and that is It (I already submitted the physical). My question is, is It worth finishing up this class strong? Or should I stop putting effort into the class and relax until my program starts? I’m not sure what to do & don’t want to waste time studying if I do not have to! Thanks !!
    • By Taylorfl17
      Hello, I am having a lot of trouble trying to narrow down schools to apply to. Where I currently live, most of the schools nearby I cannot apply to because of my stats so I am seeking out of state options. I am ending my sophomore year so I still have another year before I can begin applying (and another year to continue to boost my GPA). Any help would be appreciated!
       GPA currently: 3.426 ( My last semester has not been added in still and my science GPA would be similar)
      I am not taking Ochem 2 or biochem but I have planned/taken genetics, cell bio, microbio, ochem 1, 2 semesters of general bio and 2 semesters of general chem, med term, med ethics, anatomy, physiology, and most other pre-reqs. My main issue is that I have AP credit for statistics that my university accepts for my BS degree but I have noticed that there are some PA schools that do not accept that. I am also extremely involved  and by the time I apply, I will have a high number of service/leadership hours (President of my schools Pre-PA Association, chapter correspondent and philanthropy committee for my sorority, recruitment chair for the universities Relay for Life, and involved in other orgs). I have worked as a nursing assistant at the city's major hospital for over a year and I am seeking another job as a scribe in the ER. I have not begun shadowing yet because of COVID affecting my summer opportunities. 
      If you have experience in applying or likes/dislikes of literally any schools, I would appreciate it! I am not trying to decide on a school right now, I am simply trying to gain insight on potential schools to apply to since the ones near me are not options (Ohio/Michigan area). I have started a detailed list of schools I have researched, but I am struggling to find realistic options and those that I would be able to apply to.
      Thanks!

• By PrePA1208
      I had to retake one class my freshman year, and I really do not want to waste a few sentences in my personal statement to speak about it. Although, I also understand it is best to address it somewhere. Is there another place on CASPA to discuss shortcomings on your application? I do not see a place, but I want to make sure I am not missing something. 

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More