Sign in to follow this  
ChicagoPrePA

PA Shadowing

Hi, I wanted to know if anyone has had any luck finding a PA to shadow? Any information would be appreciated! Thank you ?

Edited by ThatPrePALife
Updated

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Saverina
      Hello everyone! I am a pre-PA UCLA graduate looking for a PA to shadow in Los Angeles County and/or the South Bay area! I live around the South Bay but I am willing to drive anywhere in Los Angeles (or farther) to shadow a PA! Please let me know if any PA's in the area would be open for me to shadow them 🙂 Thank you!
    • By IsaiahRW
      Hey everyone, I am a recent college graduate (December 2018) and I have been interested in PA for about 3 years now and with my recent graduation I’m sure you all can relate to the panick of the uncertainty of my life that I just stepped into 😂.  I’ve mostly been curious about my competitiveness for this upcoming cycle (2019-2020). Here are my stats  
      Overall GPA:3.494 
      sGPA: 3.52
      Last 60 hours: 3.65 
      Side Note: I initially had a 2.8 GPA freshmen year and worked my tail off to get where I am now. After I transferred to a new school beginning Junior year I made 24 A’s to 7 B’s with no C’s or D’s.  I know schools take into account upward trends and if that isn’t one then I don’t know what is!
      HCE/PCE:By time of application will have have about 750 hours with 300 being a Home Health Aid and 450 as a PT Aide. For schools who do not have rolling admissions I will wait until about late July to apply so that would bring me to around 1000 hours  
      LOR: Gastrointestinal Oncology PA, DPT who is my supervisor at work, Chemistry Proffesor
      Shadowing: 100 hours shadowing Oncology PA, Family Practice NP; Oncology MD
      Taking the GRE in March
      Volunteer Hours: Over 500hours through my fraternity,NAACP, and my own efforts. Mostly registering people to vote, educating minors on sexual health, March of Dimes, and various other projects me and my fraternity brothers could think of. I believe this will be the strongest part of my application. I have a ton of other experiences of volunteer/community service I could speak of but that would take hours to type out 😂  
      My personal statement will more than likely focus on my experience with the many different types of clients I have dealt with as a HHA. Going into someone’s home is a direct view into their life and lifestyle and the differences and experiences between each is so unique it’s jaw dropping. I’ve had some crazy experiences to say the least 😂

I appreciate any feedback. Thank you all!

*Added some updates so I decided to bump!
    • By Maylily7
      Hello! I know this post is stereotypical and repetitive and I apologize, but feedback would be very appreciative 🙂 Stats are below, should I apply this cycle? Or wait till next year? I’m currently on my first gap year. 

cGPA: 3.7, sGPA 3.6 bio major with minirs in psych and chem, in 3 national honor societies (psych, bio, chem), academic award in my major, Dean’s list every semester

Presented original research at 2 colleges

By mid march I will have about 1000 PCE hours as an EMT

I also started a per diem HCE job as a patient sitter in the ED. 

GRE is between 295-299 (can’t remember exact number), thinking of retaking

If it helps, during college I have about 120 hours as a volunteer crew member for my school’s EMS unit

If I’m forgetting something, let me know! Again thanks so much, I know how annoying these posts can be sometimes and I appreciate you taking the time to read this 🙂 have an awesome day! 

• By Kshuryan
      I’m a 3rd year pre-pa student at Oakland University needing shadowing hours!! I’ve reached out to about 7 PAs with no luck ☹️. If a PA near Detroit could help me out, I would be so grateful! 
    • By HIssa
      Hello all, I have worked full-time and PRN for the last three years gathering PCE. However, how do you calculate those hours when you do not have a set schedule?
      I have gone as far as to try to add up all the hours I have on each paystub (I view them online) but it is extremely tedious. I have worked in two acute hospitals, two SNFs, and an inpatient rehab facility. The hospitals, one SNF, and the inpatient rehab facility are all for the same company (when you are PRN you float to different pavilions).
      I have noticed that CASPA will ask you your job type, which would be per diem for me, but still asks how many hours a week. If your weekly hours vary, is your best bet to just count up your total hours and make sure whatever you fill in does not exceed that amount?

Thank you in advance!

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More