MicroBio vs BioChem

I am planning to apply during the 2018 cycle but have to finish completing pre-reqs.  Wondering from those who have experience, is microbio or bio chem more difficult? I took AP chem in high school (years ago), will take Ochem this coming semester but want to couple it with either micro or biochem to get them done.  Recommendations on the order to take them in would be helpful! 

I am planning to apply during the 2018 cycle but have to finish completing pre-reqs.  Wondering from those who have experience, is microbio or bio chem more difficult? I took AP chem in high school (years ago), will take Ochem this coming semester but want to couple it with either micro or biochem to get them done.  Recommendations on the order to take them in would be helpful! 

Check prereqs! A lot of places require organic before you can take biochem. I thought having organic was very helpful for biochem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neither class is really "easy." It all depends on strengths and weaknesses. I loved all of my micro related classes (general micro, immunology, virololgy) but Biochem and Organic took every ounce of energy and focus I had to pull out A's. But I agree with the above, in that there is no point in taking Biochem without Organic. You would spend half of your time trying to learn structures and mechanisms you should have already known, just to understand whats going on in biochem. 

It honestly depends on your professors/the classes themselves at your university. I personally thought biochem was incredibly harder than micro but that's just my opinion/experience. I think micro and o chem are definitely doable together depending on the rest of the classes you are taking. I would take o chem before biochem and not together.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived