Update on CASPA submission turnaround time...

No luck! Submitted on August 9th, but no GPA calculation yet! I wonder how CASPA does things, I'm confused as to why it is taking so long with my application when others submitted at the same time and have already gotten their calculation! My LORs and transcripts were recieved by CASPA well over a month ago..

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reapplicant. Submitted 8/18/10, Verified 8/27/10. Will be mailed 9/3/10. (Bummer, wish they would mail it today!)

Great News! I wish my application was verified and mailed today as well. I also submitted on 8/18 but I'm a first time applicant so I maybe mines will take a bit longer. Haven't heard from CASPA yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Should I be worried?

I e-submitted on 9/04, but nothing yet. It's been 3 weeks.

I applied on 8/31 and am yet to hear from them. However when I called on Tuesday this week, (9/20) they said they were just then starting to work on 8/31 applicants. She told me it'll likely be next week before they get mailed. Just a long wait this time of year.

it will go out next Friday...typically they print on Wednesday and then you will see the status changed to "mailed" by Thursday and it should have the date of that Friday. Example I added some programs last Thursday...they printed them this Wednesday and by this Thursday the status changed to "mailed" with todays date.

I wish they mailed them twice a week. I know the programs have the opportunity to look at the electronic application but most of the ones I applied to do not...they wait for the hard copy

I'm a first time applicant. But jeghb001, do your schools require your application to be submitted to CASPA by Oct 1st or to their actual school by that date. Because all of mine wanted them submitted to CASPA by Oct 1st..so you should be fine! They definitely are very backed up..but I would give it another week or so. Good luck! :)

Sadly, I'm one of the fools that waited too long. I submitted 9/14. Two weeks have passed and stilling nothing. I have Oct 1st deadlines! Any advice???

No advice but to relax......you can call CASPA nd check to see what days they are on but if all your stuffis in all you can do is wait.

I would check with the programs and seee if they need your app by Oct 1st or just submitted to CASPA by then. Another thing to do is go ahead and get the supplemental out of the way if its already available--many schools require all students to submit one and some have the same deadlines--example: one school I applied to has a deadline of 10/1 for your app to be submitted to CASPA and for the supplemental to be submitted to them---this may be an issue if the schools you are looking at only send you the supplemental AFTER they have received/reviewed your aplication.

I'm a first time applicant. But jeghb001, do your schools require your application to be submitted to CASPA by Oct 1st or to their actual school by that date. Because all of mine wanted them submitted to CASPA by Oct 1st..so you should be fine! They definitely are very backed up..but I would give it another week or so. Good luck! :)

You are right! Most of them just want the CASPA submission before the 1st. A only a few actually want the supplementals by the 1st as well. Thanks for the information! I actually was able to complete a few supplementals today and prioritize the rest! So glad I found this site!! =)

Archived