Personal Essay Help

Start with moments in your life or medical career that have inspired you to further pursue medicine and how you came to the conclusion that the PA route is the best option for you and your accomplishments that you've gained in the process.

It is hard give advice for a personal statement because it revolves around your own story and the only one who knows it is you. What in your life has inspired you to continue on the route of medicine? You need to dig deep, make a list, and just start writing. It will come to you!

As ajames mentioned, everyone is different, but this is what helped me. I would think to myself about medicine, life, goals, fears, etc when I had quiet time, stream-of-consciousness style, and then when I had something I felt was representative of me, and worth including in a personal statement, start thinking "what is a concise yet compelling way to convey this to a reader?" With two or three core ideas I was able to flesh out the rest. 

Are you at the point where you keep receiving the same type of feedback about your personal statement? “Great job”, “Too bland”, “Needs work.” 

I remember wanting someone to just take the time to give genuine reflection rather than the packaged answers. 

If you are that person who wants honesty and helpful comments, I would like to extend my time and attention towards you. Just for my time, I will charge $30. I have already worked with two other students under this agreement and have given more time than what this small fee would naturally cover. But it’s worth it to me and I personally believe it will be worth it to you. Please PM me if you’re interested. 

Tim Loerke, PA-C

I found that writing with a 'theme' really improved the quality of my paper and was more enjoyable to read by admission committees! Find something that is catchy to start your paper, and then relate it to how you want to become a PA. I would take some time and write about things you have been passionate about in the past or that have influenced your life till now- I had about 5-6 things that had been important to me as options. For example, I wrote about how I was a very talented musician throughout my younger years of life and all of the emotions that come with music and how it helped me overcome personal hurdles and then I connected it to how I once taught one of my 2-year-old patients to play a song on a little kids piano! From there, it stemmed into how I wanted to help persons etc etc. And then at the end, I made sure to complete my theme by saying while I had so much love for playing music, I was so much more passionate about helping others. 

I had quite a few professors, Physician Assistants, and even someone from a committee (from a school I did not apply to) look over my personal statement. Each one of them said that an incorporated theme really gave them a better feel of who I was on a personal level and provided attributes about myself they otherwise would have never understood. And, most importantly, made it easier and more enjoyable overall! Finding a theme important enough to focus your paper around will be very difficult but completely worthwhile.

Your personal statement should be a unique reflection of your journey to becoming a physician assistant. It needs to be memorable in order to stand out from among the other applicants, so keep in mind not fall into the trap of saying, "Ever since I was a little kid playing with a stethoscope" or "I like helping people". Both may be true, but they are so cliched and over-mentioned now that no one will take them seriously or remember you. 

• 1 month later...

That is fine to fell overdramatic about your task.  Especially, if you are out of time or ideas for it. If you do not mind spending the money for the high-quality paper, go to the writers from Primewriting service. I use it very often and I want you to be sure about the grade. Check it and let me know if you need more details about it. 

Archived