Accepted Primary Care Job in California

This is my second year out of PA school:

• Salary: $129k/yr. M-F. 8-5
  • Bonus: $5k guaranteed for first year, Potential for more with metrics met
  • 25 days PTO. Can be cashed out for max of $12,400 if all unused
  • 5 days paid CME time off and $1,500 stipend for CME
  • Medical, Dental, Vision insurance coverage 
  • Mileage reimbursement at $0.54/mile (estimating $3-$5k/yr)
  • 401k 50% match up to 6% (4 year vesting though)
  • Other random: UpToDate subscription. No Holidays scheduled as off. Must use PTO if wanted off. 

With some math including cashing out on half of the PTO, I see this as $140k/yr of compensation plus some other benefits.

The job: Will have to travel from as little as 2 miles to as much as 30 miles to a different location each day and do wellness exams. 10 patients/day, all in one location. Will work from home 2-4 days/month. 

I do live in an area with high cost of living ( Los Angeles). According to BLS.gov, mean salary for PAs here is $98k/yr

Just wanted to put this out there as I like seeing other people's contracts for comparison 

Very good offer. California does have a high COL but nonetheless it's a solid deal in your second year out of school. In my opinion, these are the deals people should be striving for and accepting, not the $80,000 new grad offers that people jump on. These deals are out there, just have to be wise on accepting. 

Archived