Does anyone know where I can find a nice portfolio book to bring to an interview. On the interviews I went on so far and it seems like 90% of the interviewees had a nice looking portfolio book, some with a pad of lined paper inside to take notes. I have some future interviews and I'd like to buy something like this to bring my resume and other papers in and have lined paper inside to take notes on. Thanks!

I've been to three interviews and not seen one yet. I carried a little 3x5 pad in my jacket pocket just to write down random thoughts and questions and take notes but only used 2 or 3 pages in all of my interviews combined. If you need paper they will provide it (i.e. group discussions) and they will collect it at the end, so don't write anything you don't want to be read. Several interviews also provided a "brochure" or" simple" folder with all of their pertinent information. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By krob0
      Hi Everyone,
      I have been a practicing PA for 3 year in the same job. I am considering a new position, specifically an APP fellowship in Oncology. I have always wanted to transition to oncology but with the current job market, I have found this to be difficult at present. I have applied but go unanswered, even with 3 years of experience. I have made some adjustments on my resume and was wondering if anyone was willing to look it over and make critiques. Is anyone willing to share their own resumes? 
      If so, reply with your email and I would love to be in touch. Thanks!
    • By KimberlyM54
      Hello all! 

My name is Kim and I am a demonstrated pre-PA coach and a current PA-S with a high success rate of client admission. I am currently available to take on new clients. I offer services including the following: personal statement editing/feedback, supplemental essay editing/feedback, interviewing prep/coaching, mock interviews, general pre-PA application advising sessions and pre-PA planning for the future. During the 2019-2020 cycle, I was invited to 7 interviews but only chose to attend 4 as I was accepted to my top choice by the 4th interview. I was accepted to ALL programs that I decided to interview with. Please email me at prepacoachkimberly@gmail.com if you are interested in learning more about my services. I also offer these services to other pre-health students as well.

Happy holidays, 
      Kim 

• By KimberlyM54
      Hello all! 

My name is Kim and I am a demonstrated pre-PA coach and a current PA-S with a high success rate of client admission. I am currently available to take on new clients. I offer services including the following: personal statement editing/feedback, supplemental essay editing/feedback, interviewing prep/coaching, mock interviews, general pre-PA application advising sessions and pre-PA planning for the future. During the 2019-2020 cycle, I was invited to 7 interviews but only chose to attend 4 as I was accepted to my top choice by the 4th interview. I was accepted to ALL programs that I decided to interview with. Please email me at prepacoachkimberly@gmail.com if you are interested in learning more about my services. I also offer these services to other pre-health students as well.

Happy holidays, 
      Kim 

• By copticmare
      Hi everyone! I was hoping for some insight on this bc I'm kinda in a rut but I have somewhat of an idea of what I should do. I recently got accepted to a program that hasn’t officially posted their accreditation (claimed they received good news so far) and will be having their first inaugural class but was rumored to have started this program under different faculty before, had accepted a full cohort, failed their accreditation, and those students had to find a new program (probably for the cycle after). I have two more interviews to do, while had five in total and this program starts real soon. I was thinking  of continuing to interview until official word of accreditation and just join this cohort if it'll be my only acceptance. What would you do?
    • By HS888
      Hi applicants! I am a first year PA student who also runs a freelance editing/writing company called HES Editing. I do comprehensive editing of personal statements for PA applicants, as well as any college or graduate school applicants. I have already helped over 70 applicants with their personal statements, and I edit for grammar, sentence structure, content flow, organization, and overall theme. This also includes personalized comments and suggestions for areas to add in and make adjustments. I have you send me your resume as well so I can make sure you are not missing any experiences or skills you should be touching on. You can check out my website at https://hesediting.wixsite.com/mysite  All services include free unlimited re-edits to help ensure your essay is perfect! If you are interested or have additional questions you can pm me here or send me an email at hesediting@gmail.com. I am also open to answering any questions about the application process as well! 🙂

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More