Productivity Bonus and Resigning

hi everyone, I just accepted a new job offer for PA position which I am incredible excited about.  My current job has very long and detailed contract (17 pages).  A good portion of my salary is paid out in quarterly productivity bonuses, which ends up amounting to ~1/3 of my salary.  I received the amount for my most recent productivity bonus (aug/sept/oct), with it cced to payroll stating it will go into my next paycheck (which is unfortunately not until Dec 1).  The minimum notice I have to give my current job is 30 days.  However, I was hoping to give more time (6 weeks) as I know they will probably need to hire another employee.  I am unsure if I should give my notice before I actually receive my bonus in my paycheck.  In my contract it states  "Payments to the productivity structure will be made during the tenure of your employment with the P.C. No monies under the incentive structure will be due to you, from the day you leave the PC."  I am assuming that means after I leave the practice I will not be eligible for the remaining funds.  My last date of employment would not be until January 5th (which if needed I can extend as my start date is not until Jan 15).  My gut is telling me to wait, but I unfortunately let my boss know I was hoping to speak with him.  I was wondering if anyone had any prior experience with this as it is a substantial amount of money.  Also, if anyone has any useful tips on giving notice it would be greatly appreciated.  I have done it once before, however this time my nerves and anxiety are very high.  Probably since I have been at my current job for a lot longer than the previous and have this sense of guilt about leaving (although I know I am not doing anything wrong). Thanks you so incredibly much in advance. 

Archived