Class of 2020

Thought I would start this page for us to chat, not sure when the Facebook group will be created. Just wondered, has anyone received their snail mail packet? Director Kazik mentioned this on the phone and just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one to not get it yet. So excited to meet y'all and go through this crazy journey together! 

8 hours ago, jackyh said:

Thought I would start this page for us to chat, not sure when the Facebook group will be created. Just wondered, has anyone received their snail mail packet? Director Kazik mentioned this on the phone and just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one to not get it yet. So excited to meet y'all and go through this crazy journey together! 

Hi there! I also haven't received the packet yet, I was thinking that it would likely come Monday or Tuesday this week! I'm excited to meet you all though too!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2017 at 1:17 PM, jackyh said:

Hi! I received the packet about a week ago!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2018 at 3:53 PM, HopefulPA77 said:

Hey does anyone know the easiest way to start looking into how much financial aid we can receive and all that nonsense.  Is it best to probably just contact the school and ask or do you just do it on FAFSA? 

I was emailing the school financial aid people and she told me to fill out FAFSA. It all depends on if you've taken out any school loans for the 2017/2018 school year for how much you will get this summer, and then she said that our second semester we will be eligible for the graduate plus plan.

Has anyone started to look into housing? Just wondering if staying super close to campus is the better way to go or if living in the city is a good/bad idea. I know we'll get information later, just getting antsy!

9 hours ago, jackyh said:

I was emailing the school financial aid people and she told me to fill out FAFSA. It all depends on if you've taken out any school loans for the 2017/2018 school year for how much you will get this summer, and then she said that our second semester we will be eligible for the graduate plus plan.

Has anyone started to look into housing? Just wondering if staying super close to campus is the better way to go or if living in the city is a good/bad idea. I know we'll get information later, just getting antsy!

Okay, so what if I haven't taken any loans for the 2017/18 school year should is it too late to do that? However, my girlfriend and I have been looking around as well for housing options.  We are looking more in the North part of Milwaukee, just because we looked closer to the school and we didn't find anything we loved really.  Therefore, it is a bit more expensive for the city apartments and such, but the drive from all the apartments we have looked at have been less than 30min drive to campus.  I feel like that is completely fine, but that may just be my opinion.  

11 hours ago, HopefulPA77 said:

Okay, so what if I haven't taken any loans for the 2017/18 school year should is it too late to do that? However, my girlfriend and I have been looking around as well for housing options.  We are looking more in the North part of Milwaukee, just because we looked closer to the school and we didn't find anything we loved really.  Therefore, it is a bit more expensive for the city apartments and such, but the drive from all the apartments we have looked at have been less than 30min drive to campus.  I feel like that is completely fine, but that may just be my opinion.  

I just submitted mine a couple of days ago so you should be fine! The process went pretty quick. In our interview packet they also gave us a list of housing options that are close to the school that could be a good reference, I am getting antsy to figure all of this stuff out too!

For the housing questions, I am a current CUW undergrad who is waitlisted. If you live downtown Milwaukee, you need to take into account the traffic on the freeway during rush hour. It is not horrible but can add some time to the commute. Mequon does not have a lot of affordable places to rent. However, the surrounding cities like Cedarburg, Grafton, Germantown, and Port Washington do have some pretty good selections at decent prices all within 30 minutes. For example, my friend lives in a house in Port and its a 18 minute commute and I live in an apartment in Germantown and it is 22 minutes. 

Just now, HopefulPA77 said:

I know this is probably a dumb questions because in my head for the semester we start it would be considered Summer 2018, so on the FAFSA I should select the school year for which I am applying to to be 2018-2019 correct? 

You have to fill out both the 17/18 FAFSA and the 18/19 FAFSA. The summer is still considered the 17/18 year for academic calendars and will give you money for that semester, where as the fall semester is the start of a new academic calendar and you will be covered by the 18/19.

1 minute ago, jackyh said:

You have to fill out both the 17/18 FAFSA and the 18/19 FAFSA. The summer is still considered the 17/18 year for academic calendars and will give you money for that semester, where as the fall semester is the start of a new academic calendar and you will be covered by the 18/19.

Okay, perfect thanks for clarifying that for me! :)

On 1/23/2018 at 11:47 AM, wisconesin said:

For the housing questions, I am a current CUW undergrad who is waitlisted. If you live downtown Milwaukee, you need to take into account the traffic on the freeway during rush hour. It is not horrible but can add some time to the commute. Mequon does not have a lot of affordable places to rent. However, the surrounding cities like Cedarburg, Grafton, Germantown, and Port Washington do have some pretty good selections at decent prices all within 30 minutes. For example, my friend lives in a house in Port and its a 18 minute commute and I live in an apartment in Germantown and it is 22 minutes. 

Thanks for that info it helps a lot! 

Hi guys, I'm in the current PA class. In regards to housing, most of us live north of campus in the cedarburg or grafton area. I did commute from Illinois for the summer semester so living a little further south is doable if you really want. Just keep in mind to look out for the safety of the areas you are in the closet you get to the city. 

On 1/24/2018 at 4:35 PM, ERtech18 said:

Hi guys, I'm in the current PA class. In regards to housing, most of us live north of campus in the cedarburg or grafton area. I did commute from Illinois for the summer semester so living a little further south is doable if you really want. Just keep in mind to look out for the safety of the areas you are in the closet you get to the city. 

I understand looking for safe areas to live. However, one question I had is the traffic awful driving from like north Milwaukee to the university? I only ask because my girlfriend is a RN and got offered a job at St. Luke’s so she doesn’t wanna be too far from work; so if we lived more north of campus it would be quite the drive for her. So we are just trying to figure out if she should look for jobs else where like possibly St. Marys. Thanks!

Archived