HOD Resolution - Title Modernization Call to Action

Guest Paula

State and CO leaders:  Please PM me if your group is interested in sponsoring a resolution for title modernization.  Wisconsin is planning on submitting in May 2018 and want as many co-sponsors as possible.  This is all related to Optimal Team Practice.

Interested to see what the consensus is on a new title. I personally like the "PA" abbreviation and feel like any move away from that means a lot of explaining about history etc. The logical change then would be Physician Associate, this allows us to keep the abbreviation and also brings the title in line with the UK and European PAs. 

Please send me a PM for those CO who will help sponsor a resolution.  We have debated the title since the inception of the profession and I think we all have a handle on what is the next step.  I was hoping my post wouldn't re-hash the discussion again.  I have a long list of titles and the pros and cons.  Send me PM's please if your state or CO is ready to step up.  You will then get a formal letter of invitation to participate with instructions and next steps, plus probably a doodle poll on when a phone conference can be arranged.  

Thanks all. 

Archived