Shadowing Do's and Don'ts

Look at the "Pre-PA FAQ" stickie thread in this section. This should be the link: http://www.physicianassistantforum.com/forums/showthread.php/7821-Pre-PA-FAQ. There is a ton of feedback there.

I'd add that you include your cell phone number in your email correspondence to the PA you are going to shadow. I said something like "Here is my cell phone number in case you need to contact me that morning." Some of the PAs I shadowed then sent me their cell's so it was easier to locate them in large hospitals or in badge-access only areas like the OR. Also, coordinate beforehand about what clothing you should wear. Just ask if you should wear nice business casual or scrubs.

Agreed.. clothing really depends on what area you are shadowing in. Also I would see if any of the schools that you plan on applying to have shadowing forms they want you to fill out, if so take one of those papers and have them sign it at the end of the day. And if you are in surgery... #1 rule= DONT TOUCH BLUE (really dont even get close!)

Archived