Should I leave?

I would not just get a different job - honestly what the doc is gonig through sounds pretty human and if he has stepped up and kept you happy in the past I think you owe him a good sit down discussion.

Be prepared to state what you need, what you want, what is not being meet - if he knows that the other doc is leaving he might just be buying his time and it would be a bummer to leave if he would work with you and change over time..... Heck if it is practice ownership bring up that you want to be a partner? What does it hurt if you are just going to leave anyways.

Most times I don't think it is worth trying to change a doc's mind, but honestly he seems like a good guy -

make sure you get the AAPA salary data and make sure the you are at teh 75+% for your skill set as no one wants to get nickled and dimed over time...

if he says he can't change anything - well you tried.....

$37/hr - - wow you are giving him a nice present each pay period to the tune of about $10/hour - heck $400 bonus every week for him to employ you is pretty good - seriously - I would not even consider your level of pay vs responsiblity unless at least $45/hr with good bennies..

• 1 year later...
Alright, I really need to vent some. I am in practice with 2 docs. The main guy I have been with almost 6 years. I was very busy seeing patients and surgery assisting with the main SP before the newer guy came in almost 2 years ago. The practice consists of 50% work comp and the rest medicare, hmo, and private patients. It seems that I am seeing a lot less patients and doing less in general since the arrival of the new guy. The main SP has had a few lawsuits in the past year (nothing involving me) and is paranoid that everyone is out to sue doctors because of the economy. The lawsuits were nothing that he was at fault for and 2 were dropped. So now, he is not letting me see any pre-ops anymore and overall see less patients. I am doing more paperwork than anything else. On top of that, since we do a lot of work comp, some insurance carriers for these companies don't want a orthopedic PA seeing their patients which makes things worse. He doesn't really back me up with these carriers because he says he doesn't want to lose the accounts. He doesn't want to let me go because of my help in the surgeries. I really want to go to a hospital ortho position, such as kaiser. My salary is pretty good, but I feel I will not grow either with this guy since I'm doing less in the office. My last raise was 2 1/2 years ago. Any thoughts? Should I leave or just wait it out?

i think i am too late to give my much suggestions but from my opinion you have to leave and put your profile to other....this led to raise in your salary + raising development + you touched to new one to learn so many new things about orthopedics surgeons and extends your relationships with new one's....

[TABLE=width: 91]

[TR]

[TD=class: xl65, width: 91]Jerome

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Archived