TACOMA Interview December 9th

On 11/12/2017 at 9:34 PM, Riverrat said:

Hi Everyone,

I started a new thread so we could meet up before our interview and share info. I'm really excited to meet everyone!

Leslie

Hey Leslie, 

Great idea starting this thread. I am interviewing as well and am over the moon with excitement! I would love to connect with some other fellow applicants as well.

Heidi

On 11/14/2017 at 7:31 PM, Neptunium said:

Hey Leslie, 

Great idea starting this thread. I am interviewing as well and am over the moon with excitement! I would love to connect with some other fellow applicants as well.

Heidi

Hi Heidi, 

Thanks, I am still bouncing! I can't wait to meet you. When will you be arriving in Tacoma?

Best way to contact me is text 2532798900.

Leslie 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! I will be attending the interview December 9th! I am extatic!

I am in Seattle but will be driving down to Tacoma Friday night and staying with my brother. With the typical Seattle traffic, I’m not sure I will be able to meet up the day before but wanted to get connected here before our big day!

Best of luck to everyone! Can’t wait to meet you!

44 minutes ago, Kaity said:

I am in Seattle but will be driving down to Tacoma Friday night and staying with my brother. With the typical Seattle traffic, I’m not sure I will be able to meet up the day before but wanted to get connected here before our big day!

Hi Kaity,

Congratulations, I am happy you reached out and I am excited to meet you, also! The traffic can be a real bear. We will let you know where and when we are meeting, in case you can join us. Feel free to text me, it's the easiest way for me to connect. 

Leslie

On December 1, 2017 at 10:12 AM, Riverrat said:

Hi Kaity,

Congratulations, I am happy you reached out and I am excited to meet you, also! The traffic can be a real bear. We will let you know where and when we are meeting, in case you can join us. Feel free to text me, it's the easiest way for me to connect. 

Leslie

Sounds great! Thanks!

Hi everyone it is nice to see everyone gathering and interested in meeting pre-interview. I am also attending the December 9th interview in Tacoma and would love to meet everyone! Cheers and good Luck to all. Let me know the time and place and I will be there.

V/R,

Kimberly Rocha

Cell: 2532080381

Email: Kimberly.r.rocha@gmail.com

On 12/1/2017 at 9:11 AM, Kaity said:

Hi Kaity,

Leslie

Hi Everyone,

There are 2 restaurants near UW Tacoma, essentially part of the campus-it is a really cool blend of buildings, that would be good choices for a meet up: Elemental or the Harmon. Does anyone else have a suggestion? Of these two, I think the Harmon might be best because it is a larger and therefore could be easier to get a table on a Friday night. I was thinking around 6:30 to give the folks coming through rush hour traffic a chance to arrive but still early enough to allow for a nights sleep (hopefully). But it is totally open to group consensus. 

Also, there is a festival of sorts happening on Saturday in the area of the interview and that could make parking a little harder than normal on a Saturday, just FYI. 

For those of you who don't have my number to contact, it's 253 279 8900, in case you need directions or anything. I am in finals week this week and text is better for me. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Leslie

I’ll add my 2 cents as well! I interviewed in October and will be starting class next year. 

First things first- calm down. Easier said than done right? Biggest thing- know what a PA is, and why YOU want to be a PA. “I want to help others” doesn’t count. Be unique, stand out to them and give them a reason to remember you (in a positive way of course). Encourage and build each other up. Interact during breaks and try to get to know as many people as possible. Your interview starts the moment you walk in those doors. 

Good luck guys! 

9 hours ago, iawai0505 said:

I’ll add my 2 cents as well! I interviewed in October and will be starting class next year. 

First things first- calm down. Easier said than done right? Biggest thing- know what a PA is, and why YOU want to be a PA. “I want to help others” doesn’t count. Be unique, stand out to them and give them a reason to remember you (in a positive way of course). Encourage and build each other up. Interact during breaks and try to get to know as many people as possible. Your interview starts the moment you walk in those doors. 

Good luck guys! 

Thank you! And congratulations!

1 hour ago, deebs said:

Hi Guys, I just wanted to say good luck to those of you that are interviewing tomorrow.  I interviewed in October and was selected for TC6.  I want to echo what many here are saying.  BE YOU! Be clear, concise and to the point with your answers.  Don't let yourself ramble. There are many qualified applicants that are there with you.  Allow yourself to stand out by being a genuine person. Remember to take the time and learn who you are interviewing next to as well.  Support each other.  We have already started to gel as a class and realize that we only get through this process together.  It starts tomorrow.   Also, have a few well thought out questions for the interviewers as you will be given time to ask them questions as well.  I was totally impressed by the staff as they were all very personable and kind, while at the same time making sure they selected who they thought would best represent MEDEX and be able to currently succeed in this program.  GOOD LUCK to all of you! 

Sage advise. I will do my best to conquer nerves and be myself. Thanks for the support!

Hi applicants. I am a part of Tacoma class 5 with MEDEX. I remember my interview over a year ago and the bundle of nerves I was the night before. A student of class 4 came out to meet us the night before and it helped us lessen our stress. If it is ok with the group I would like to make a quick appearance at the Harmon and answer any question that you have. 

Theo

1 hour ago, Theo Thomas said:

Hi applicants. I am a part of Tacoma class 5 with MEDEX. I remember my interview over a year ago and the bundle of nerves I was the night before. A student of class 4 came out to meet us the night before and it helped us lessen our stress. If it is ok with the group I would like to make a quick appearance at the Harmon and answer any question that you have. 

Theo

1 hour ago, Theo Thomas said:

Theo

Hi Theo,

Yes, please that would be amazing! Thank you for thinking of us and our bundles of nerves. I look forward to meeting you

14 hours ago, iawai0505 said:

Hope the interviews went well for everybody! Enjoy the looooong weekend! They’ll probably start making calls on Monday....even though they probably told you a week. Anyway, those who get accepted, find us on Facebook- Medex tacoma class 6 so we can add you!

best of luck!

Thanks for the for the positive thoughts! Hope to be Facebooking you soon.....L

Archived