Looking for a preceptor in the East Bay (NorCal) for March 2018

Dear East Bay PAs,

I begin PA school in January of 2018 and beginning in March our program is placing us into what they call Longitudinal Clinical Experience (LCE), where we spend time in a primary care, family practice or internal medicine practice for 4-5 hours one day a week for the remainder of the didactic year (through December 2018) in order to get mentorship and training in patient care.

I have been in research and healthcare for a long time now (7+ years), and have quite a bit of prior clinic experience and patient exposure across the UCSF network both in San Francisco and Oakland. Unfortunately because my work has always been in specialty clinics I do not have a network of colleagues and prior mentors in primary care/internal medicine.

If you are a certified PA, MD or DO in primary care/IM in the Contra Costa or Alameda counties and are willing to accept a student in 2018, I would love the opportunity to speak with you. I am happy to send my CV to you as well. If you know anyone who might be interested, I would appreciate your referral as well.

Thanks very much!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/9/2017 at 8:13 PM, 415prepa said:

Just curious if you were able to get rotations in the bay area? Currently a 1 year in LA looking to do some rotations back home in northern California. I am a previous Kaiser employee in SF. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. .  Good luck with school!!!

I sent you a message.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By alv2019
      Hi everyone!
      I am currently in my third semester of didactic year and will be starting clinical rotations in the fall. My family is moving to Tampa and I was hoping to get a rotation set up in the area. I am looking for a preceptor in family or internal medicine, pediatrics, behavioral, women's health, or emergency medicine.
      If you know any contacts or other forums I could reach out to please let me know, thank you!
    • By tegriswold446
      Hello everyone!  I am in my 2nd semester of PA school and am in search of preceptors in my area. I live in Greenville, SC and currently commute to Hendersonville, NC for class which is about 40 minutes each day. Because of this, I am really hoping to find preceptors closer to home.
      I am currently in search of any preceptors in Greenville, Travelers Rest, Greer, Mauldin, Easley, Powdersville, Taylors, and really anywhere in the north west South Carolina area! 
      If you or anyone you know is interested in taking on a PA student who is super eager to learn and be in the upstate area, please let me know! 
      Thank you so much.
    • By HillarySimeone
      Hi! My name is Hillary Simeone and I am a second year Physician Assistant student. I am looking for a preceptor and site to fulfill my elective rotation, seventh rotation of eight total, in the Dallas, Texas area. The dates for this rotation would be: September 13th, 2021 - October 20th, 2021. I have an open mind regarding my elective rotation and am open to new learning experiences. I can provide my CV to any prospective preceptor for consideration. Thank you for taking the time to read this!

email: hillarysimeone@gmail.com

• By Morgelutz
      Hi!! My name is Morgan and I am a PA student halfway through my clerkship year and its time to choose an elective! Does anyone know of any PA, NP, MD, DO willing to precept in either Plastic Surgery or Women's health, L&D. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! 
    • By carlykibler
      Eager to find a PA/NP/MD provider willing to precept me for a 2 week rotation in April! Ideally a specialty practice but also open to primary care. Thanks!

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More