By Guest Rescue2
I was wondering if anyone could provide information on the chances of a university who has applied for ARC-PA provisional accreditation being successful in attaining this? I have applied to developing schools, both with long-standing and successful residential programs and have read the requirements from the ARC-PA website. So far, it looks promising, but I feel I can't get excited yet as there's always a possibility these schools won't pass accreditation.
Hello! Would love some advice from other prospective PA students. It is November, and I am still waiting to hear from six schools. I have been rejected from four. No interviews yet.
Overall GPA: 3.0
HCE/PCE: >1000 Medical Scribe hours in ER and outpatient urology
Volunteer: 900 hours with mission trip to Romania orphanage, soup kitchen, youth camp, community cleanup, etc. Also have 150 shadowing NP, Dr, and PA in different specialties
And thousands of hours with extracurriculars: dance, college clubs (medical and science), tutoring, and was a TA for anatomy, biology, and chemistry
OK here is what I am wondering. I know my application is not competitive... should I retake upper level science courses at a community college or apply for a post bacc program? As you can see, it will take a significant number of courses to raise my 2.9 science GPA. I will do whatever it takes to become a PA. I am thinking I should just bite the bullet and apply for post bacc program such as Hofstra or Marymount Manhattan. Any insight at all would be extremely helpful.
I was recently accepted into a program for fall of 2020. BIOCHEM was not a prerequisite, but I have been currently retaking the class in case I had to re apply. My acceptance is conditional based on having an up to date physical and that is It (I already submitted the physical). My question is, is It worth finishing up this class strong? Or should I stop putting effort into the class and relax until my program starts? I’m not sure what to do & don’t want to waste time studying if I do not have to! Thanks !!
I have been accepted to two schools so far. I am getting very close to the deadline to decide which program I will attend and have put deposits down at both schools. I am having trouble making a final decision because I like both schools. Can anyone share advice as to what factors and criteria are most important in making my decision.
School A: in-state, just below average PANCE, 1 clinical elective, longer didactic days, 4 semesters of didactic, 60 person class, no research paper. Friendly staff and very welcoming. I had a really good feeling being there and enjoyed how nice everyone was. School provides housing if rotations are very far.
School B: out-of-state, above average PANCE with prep course, 2 clinical electives, 2 primary care rotations, shorter didactic days (more time to sleep/study), 3 semesters of didactic, 40 person class, research paper. I met less staff but I liked those I met. Had a good experience at interview but not amazing (MMI interviews). School does not provide housing for rotations, but seemed that most are local.
If anyone has any advice on choosing a program I would greatly appreciate it!
Hello to all!
I am so indecisive & narrowed my options to Pace University and Northeastern University. The thing is, I have been accepted to Northeastern PA/MPH portion which is more expensive than the typical PA track. Also, I currently live in NYC so Pace will be financially convenient for me. However, I have heard good things about Northeastern's reputation & always wanted to move out of state.
If anyone has good advice, please let me know! THANK YOU