Accepted Students - Barry University - Miami Campus - Class of 2020

• 1 month later...

I just posted about Facebook groups for the class of 2020 on the main application cycle page. Right after I posted I saw this page! I will be attending the Miami Campus as well. I am so excited to meet everyone!!

Also, just a heads up I will be looking for roomies as it gets closer. I am not from Florida so I am looking to save money anywhere I can! 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, ecollent said:

When is the white coat ceremony? What safe communities around the university do students usually live and are there any places that we should avoid?

Our orientation was from Aug. 14-18th and the white coat ceremony was on the 1st day of orientation (yours will probably be around the same days). 

Everyone lives in different areas and I haven't heard of anyone having any issues safety-wise. Most common areas are Brickell, North Bay Village, and Aventura (those are also the pricier areas unless you have a roommate or two). The only area I would recommend to not live is directly west of school (Little Haiti) or Overtown. I'm living in an efficiency (a studio that's part of a larger house) in an area called the Roads and it takes me exactly 12 minutes to get to school. 

I'm actually a local (originally lived about 40 miles south of school so I decided to move closer for didactic year) so if you have any other questions about Miami let me know! 

1 hour ago, Morgan2940 said:

To those who have paid their deposit, I am having trouble seeing how to do this online! I was given my student ID number with my acceptance letter, but when I login into myBarry, do not see where to make this payment. Anyone that can help?

Have you already emailed ms.spence about the acceptance? she sends instructions on it all. This was in an email she sent me "

f you have not already done so, please follow the instructions on how to create a MyBarry account using the email address we have on file. If for whatever reason you create an account and do not see the option to make a payment, please allow 24-48 hours for your account to link to our system. If you still have issues after 48 hours, contact the HelpDesk(305-899-3604). Please explain that you have just been accepted to the PA Program and you are attempting to pay your enrollment deposit through MyBarry."

On 2/1/2018 at 10:58 AM, sndunham94 said:

Hi everyone!

I was accepted last week and can't wait to meet you guys!

I was wondering if anyone knew how the tuition worked? I know its $32,800 per year, but what about those last four months of school (didactic 2)?

I hope everyone has a great day!

4 months is 1/3 of a year, so it's approximately 11k.

Hey guys, interviewed the 19th, found out that following Wednesday I was accepted. Also, coming from Pennsylvania so all about the roommate situation. My uncle coaching football at Florida International, so I have eyes down there to check out places and where best not to stay. Congrats to everyone and I'm really excited to meet everyone! 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Guest Rescue2
      By Guest Rescue2
      Hi all,
      I was wondering if anyone could provide information on the chances of a university who has applied for ARC-PA provisional accreditation being successful in attaining this? I have applied to developing schools, both with long-standing and successful residential programs and have read the requirements from the ARC-PA website. So far, it looks promising, but I feel I can't get excited yet as there's always a possibility these schools won't pass accreditation.
      Thank you!
    • By FuturePAHopefully
      Hello Pre-PA Community!
      I want to start off by thanking this forum for the tremendous help and wealth of information provided for my own Pre-PA journey & want to give back to the community. A little bit about myself, I was a low GPA/PCE Applicant who was able to research admission strategies that landed me an acceptance to the #1 Physician Assistant Program in the United States - Duke University. Working as a tutor & academic coach for over 5 years, I value and appreciate those who invest in their future goals and want to help them along their journey.
      After spending several months researching how to get into PA School on the first try, I am proud to announce I have developed a strategy that allows one to emphasize their strengths and be accepted to their top-choice schools! My Interview Rate for all my applications were 80%, and my Acceptance Rate after the Interview was 90% through implementing pre & post interview strategies that increase memorability and subsequent acceptance. While I was looking for affordable Pre-PA services such as Mock Interviews or Personal Statement Review - I found them to be VERY expensive. While working a low pay PCE job, I found it difficult to afford these essential services. I want to give back to students at an affordable price to help save money for applications (an already expensive ordeal). I have created my own Physician Assistant Mentorship Service where I will be providing the MOST AFFORDABLE services available to motivated and driven students.
      Please visit pathtopa.youcanbook.me to schedule any one of the services offered. These services are especially useful if you are seeking guidance to joining this amazing profession (non-traditional students) or you are a driven first time applicant who wants to an acceptance their first cycle. Additionally, with EVERY SERVICE I provide a One on One Zoom Call to ensure that my advice is 100% tailored to your needs.
      Please feel free to ask about any of my services or about myself! I have just opened up my availability for February so check it out & share with family and friends.

• By Lizzianna
      Hello everyone! I thought I would start a group for everyone until their is a Facebook page and all that. What campus is everyone going to? 
    • By mvalland
      Hello! Would love some advice from other prospective PA students. It is November, and I am still waiting to hear from six schools. I have been rejected from four. No interviews yet.
      Overall GPA: 3.0
      Science: 2.9
      HCE/PCE: >1000 Medical Scribe hours in ER and outpatient urology
      Volunteer: 900 hours with mission trip to Romania orphanage, soup kitchen, youth camp, community cleanup, etc. Also have 150 shadowing NP, Dr, and PA in different specialties
      And thousands of hours with extracurriculars: dance, college clubs (medical and science), tutoring, and was a TA for anatomy, biology, and chemistry

OK here is what I am wondering. I know my application is not competitive... should I retake upper level science courses at a community college or apply for a post bacc program? As you can see, it will take a significant number of courses to raise my 2.9 science GPA. I will do whatever it takes to become a PA. I am thinking I should just bite the bullet and apply for post bacc program such as Hofstra or Marymount Manhattan. Any insight at all would be extremely helpful.
    • By TreyFL20
      Here is a link to a google sheets that I have created to more easily access information on each of the schools in Florida and the requirement standards for acceptance or preference. All programs were retrieved from Stetson University website: https://www.stetson.edu/artsci/pre-health/physician-assistant.php , and all program details listed on the google sheet were obtained through each programs website URL in the Stetson link provided. I hope this can help anyone who finds it hard to look up this information and compare and contrast each of the programs, as it has for me.
      Note: The Prerequisite list does not always include if the lab is required. I have listed Hours next to some courses where permitted, and If the course required a lab I did not always list it, but instead just listed the hours included. Example: Microbiology is a 3hr course for me, So when I see that it is listed as 4hrs, I know that this means a Lab must be taken for that class. 
      If anyone has any extra questions, Please do let me know, and I will try to answer. 
      If I have left out anything or made any mistakes, Please let me know and I will fix them ASAP, but I feel that it is accurate at this point, with regards to all sections except the "Average acceptance GPA", as this information was harder for me to find. 
      GOOGLE SHEETS LINK: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zl_EXs2XC4ky1fKpzl1AAoGEa6ZyeYJUtJu9Bd3rOz4/edit?usp=sharing

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More