Accepted Students - Barry University - Miami Campus - Class of 2020

Hi all,

I'm Maddy from Minneapolis, Minnesota and was just accepted in to the program last week. I had applied for the St. Croix location originally, but they put us in the Miami pool since St. Croix closed due to hurricane damage.  I interviewed 11/17. The accepted students list is supposed to come out end of June/early July (probably when the FB page gets created) according to Michelle Spence. I'm looking to rent a house with a few roommates. See everyone soon :) 

Feel free to add me on instagram (@maddyknase) or FB - Maddy Knase

Hey my name is Selena and I'll be moving from the Philadelphia area. I will also be looking for one or two roommates. I was hoping to wait until the FB group was started, but looks like that is taking longer than expected. Feel free to add me and message me!

FB: https://www.facebook.com/selena.fucci

Instagram: selena_fucci

Edited by Selena

On 1/3/2018 at 11:13 AM, UTMA91 said:

I just posted about Facebook groups for the class of 2020 on the main application cycle page. Right after I posted I saw this page! I will be attending the Miami Campus as well. I am so excited to meet everyone!!

Also, just a heads up I will be looking for roomies as it gets closer. I am not from Florida so I am looking to save money anywhere I can! 

HI, Iam applying this cycle 2018-2019 and was wondering what the the cost of living in that area? Avg. 2 bedroom rent?

Hey everyone! I just created the FB group for the class of 2020. We're still waiting on the roster for the incoming class. If you're accepted and plan on going here in the fall join the group so everyone can mingle and get any questions answered by current students! <https://www.facebook.com/groups/329376157592130/> Hopefully this link works, if not search by Barry University PA Program Class of 2020. 

Congrats!!

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
13 hours ago, mauddarger said:

Hey all! I've recently been accepted for the fall of 2020 and was curious as to how much the total debt is that you took out for the program+living costs and all? DM would be great:) Thanks! 

Maud

Hi Maud,

im not too sure how to DM, but I attached a link below of the amount of loans I accrued since Aug 2018 (beginning of didactic year). It includes my grad plus loans that I use to pay for living and for personal spending. Grad plus loans are released every semester. I live in a 3BR, 2 bath apartment with two other roommates in aventura. We each pay about $850ish per month for rent. This includes everything (parking, valet trash, pet fee, cable, etc) but water and electricity.

not too sure where you are from but living expenses in Miami are higher compared to majority of Florida. In comparison to major cities of the northeast, it’s much cheaper (DC, NYC, Boston, NJ, etc). I’m not too familiar about the west coast though. Hopefully this helps. 

08AF6D03-38FD-47B0-995C-6F370FCE1A72.jpeg