Hello, I am very interested in UNE PA school and was hoping that a current student would be able to provide some information on clinical rotations. There does not seem to be any information online about it. Are the rotations in Maine? Are they set up by the program or do students set them up themselves? Any other info would be great! Thanks

Students do not have to set up rotations themselves.  Rotations are in Maine and all over the country; there is an option where students may stay in one spot the entire rotation year called a "pod", my understanding is that these are a bit competitive.  Students are not responsible for setting up their rotations.

There is an option for an elective rotation, should you chose to develop a site. This is carried out entirely by UNE faculty, all we do as students is forward contact information for the site we'd like to develop.

Does UNE allow their students to pick the region in which their clinical rotations are located? Or are the students competing for the "pods" ? I will be most likely commuting to Portland and would ideally like to stay within an hour of my family.  would this be feasible clinical year? 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By levk22
      Hello all!
      I’m relatively new to this site and it’s my first time posting. I recently submitted my applications and I received an email yesterday from a school about my grade in Orgo 1. I got a C- (ugh. I know) and they said that they couldn’t substitute Orgo 2 for that requirement. They asked if I would be interested in retaking the course which I am interested in doing if it’ll increase my chances of getting in. 
      My question is: how do I go about adding that to my application if I’m not taking the class until the fall? Should I call each program I applied to and tell them my intention of retaking it or should I just add it to my transcript on CASPA saying it’s in progress even though it won’t start until August?
      Thanks in advance!
    • By medunlea
      Hi! Does anyone know of any programs that once required the GRE and are now no longer requiring it this year due to COVID? I wanted to apply to a few more schools but haven’t taken the GRE. Thanks!
    • By PAjess2020
      Hey does anyone know if you can apply to LIU before you take the GRE?
    • By AyaChan
      Hi everyone, just wanted to start a thread for this cycles WSU applicants. Please join in on it and update us... dates, stats, etc. 
      do we have to fill out a WSU grad school application along with CASPA? 
    • By FuturePA20202021
      Thought I'd start a 2020-2021 pa forum for this cycle. I was verified on 5/14. Good Luck everyone!

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More