Pre-requisites more than 7-10 years old

Hi everyone,

I am really interested in applying to Baylor’s PA program in the future and I’m realizing that if I apply by next year, some of my pre-requisites like A&P, Micro, Chem 121, psychology, and even English coursework I took 11 years ago are expired according to their standards. I received an A in these classes and I wanted to know if Baylor is strict in retaking these coursework. I have an MPH degree and in the process of working on my doctorates degree in public health. Would I still have to go back an retake courses like English 101? 

• 2 weeks later...

I am in almost exactly the same situation with regard to some of my prereq's being 11 years old.  I received word from Baylor that those which were over 7 years old were no longer valid.  The program offered to audit my transcript and inform me of the classes I would need to retake.

With that being said, my degree is in biology, but I have been working in the upstream and midstream oil & gas industry for the last 10 years, so your MPH coupled with a career in the field of medicine may put you in a better situation overall.

Archived