Application cycle 2017-2018

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/28/2018 at 9:39 PM, Emily2020 said:

Reach out to an admissions advisor. If you haven't already met with them in person, schedule a meeting. They are invaluable!

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Each school has an admissions department- You want to personally connect with one from each school you applied to.  

15 hours ago, PREPA2018 said:

Hey. I haven't yet. Trying to stay optimistic though! When was your application complete?

My check got lost so I had to go to the office and drop a new one off. That was on 03/26, and got a email the same day saying my application was complete. I am kind of nervous.  I don't know if I should call them.

19 hours ago, stormy2018 said:

My check got lost so I had to go to the office and drop a new one off. That was on 03/26, and got a email the same day saying my application was complete. I am kind of nervous.  I don't know if I should call them.

In the email I received saying my application was complete there was a checklist of everything they had received from me including the payment. I am also anxiously waiting to hear something so I definitely understand where you're coming from. If you're concerned I don't think a phone call to reassure yourself would be a bad thing. 

13 hours ago, PREPA2018 said:

In the email I received saying my application was complete there was a checklist of everything they had received from me including the payment. I am also anxiously waiting to hear something so I definitely understand where you're coming from. If you're concerned I don't think a phone call to reassure yourself would be a bad thing. 

I know.  I am very anxious too.  I applied to another university, they sent me an interview invitation two days after.  So I was expecting maybe the same thing with Mercer.

Please, just update us if you hear from them.

On 1/30/2018 at 10:05 AM, Margie said:

Traffic will be bad so give yourself PLENTY of time. The interview was pleasant and friendly. First there is a presentation on the program (like an info session) then you split into 3 groups. 8 per group (so there were 24 people interviewed total). There is a Q&A session with current students, a formal interview with faculty (about 10 minutes, I interviewed alone with 2 faculty members), and a MMI style interview. The MMI was fun, you rotate with another candidate between 4 interview stations. Google MMI interviews to get an idea of what it's like. And then you're done! Good luck!

Are you from Atlanta? If you're here the day before your interview, you could do a practice drive to see what the traffic is like. What part of town are you driving from?

Hi Margie! Thanks for the feedback! Could you please let me know if they require the candidates to write any essays or take any types of tests during the interview? My interview has been scheduled for April 16th and I want to be prepared for what is to come. Thanks again and good luck!

8 hours ago, gansakc said:

Hi Margie! Thanks for the feedback! Could you please let me know if they require the candidates to write any essays or take any types of tests during the interview? My interview has been scheduled for April 16th and I want to be prepared for what is to come. Thanks again and good luck!

Hey! 

Just wondering what the timeline was of your application? I received an email March 6th saying mine was complete and under review.

Thank you!!

On 3/18/2018 at 10:01 AM, gansakc said:

Hi there! I interviewed this past Friday and they do not have candidates write any essays or take any tests. Good luck! They are extremely friendly and welcoming. 

On 2/15/2018 at 5:20 PM, PA004 said:

Mercer received my supplemental application materials February 5th. Got invite to interview yesterday (2/14) for March 16th date. So beyond excited! Congratulations to everyone who has received interview invites and been accepted! ☺️

I received an interview invitation today for May 14! Sooooo excited!!!!

On 3/18/2018 at 9:03 PM, jae2012 said:

Hey! 

Just wondering what the timeline was of your application? I received an email March 6th saying mine was complete and under review.

Thank you!!

Hi! It took about a week or so for them to send me the invitation.

Good luck!

21 hours ago, PA004 said:

Hi there! I interviewed this past Friday and they do not have candidates write any essays or take any tests. Good luck! They are extremely friendly and welcoming. 

Hiii! Thanks much! Could you please let me know how is the MMI interview? Are there many scenarios or the interviews are varied, with problem-solving challenges and team tasks? Thanks again and good luck to you as well!

4 hours ago, gansakc said:

Hiii! Thanks much! Could you please let me know how is the MMI interview? Are there many scenarios or the interviews are varied, with problem-solving challenges and team tasks? Thanks again and good luck to you as well!

The MMI is not like the traditional MMI. It is timed but I believe the format (and even some of the questions) are completely different. I studied mmi Q's before my interview and I think I wasted my time a little lol. It was very laid back and more like a discussion since you are doing it with another interviewee. Think of it like a debate or a conversation you would have with a friend. You will be able to feed off each other's answers. They just want to know how you think about certain things. That will help then get to know you as aperson, which i believe is their goal for the whole interview. Just be relaxed & yourself during it, and you will be fine. I will say you should go over your answers for ethical questions; that might help. Good luck! 

On 3/21/2018 at 0:59 AM, Roadtopaspac said:

The MMI is not like the traditional MMI. It is timed but I believe the format (and even some of the questions) are completely different. I studied mmi Q's before my interview and I think I wasted my time a little lol. It was very laid back and more like a discussion since you are doing it with another interviewee. Think of it like a debate or a conversation you would have with a friend. You will be able to feed off each other's answers. They just want to know how you think about certain things. That will help then get to know you as aperson, which i believe is their goal for the whole interview. Just be relaxed & yourself during it, and you will be fine. I will say you should go over your answers for ethical questions; that might help. Good luck! 

Thanks! I appreciate your time! Happy to know you got accepted!

Archived