Application cycle 2017-2018

On 1/30/2018 at 10:05 AM, Margie said:

Traffic will be bad so give yourself PLENTY of time. The interview was pleasant and friendly. First there is a presentation on the program (like an info session) then you split into 3 groups. 8 per group (so there were 24 people interviewed total). There is a Q&A session with current students, a formal interview with faculty (about 10 minutes, I interviewed alone with 2 faculty members), and a MMI style interview. The MMI was fun, you rotate with another candidate between 4 interview stations. Google MMI interviews to get an idea of what it's like. And then you're done! Good luck!

Are you from Atlanta? If you're here the day before your interview, you could do a practice drive to see what the traffic is like. What part of town are you driving from?

Thank you so much for letting us know this. Were you timed for your questions in the MMI?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/2/2018 at 4:30 PM, brittbarba said:

Can anyone provide time frames from when they applied to when they sent in the supplemental then got interview invites. Also, stats from anyone invited for interview or accepted would be awesome. 

-=)

I submitted my CASPA application on November 29th, and my supplemental application and payment were verified and considered complete on December 7th. I received an invitation on January 22nd for the February 9th interview date (last Friday) and was accepted yesterday afternoon!

My stats are as follows: 

BS in Biological Sciences with overall GPA of 3.42 and science GPA of 3.23. 

GRE of 154 Verbal, 157 Quantitative, and 4.5 Analytical Writing

~3,100 hours of previous healthcare experience working directly with a physician assistant (so both experience hours and shadowing hours)

I also was really involved in Fellowship of Christian Athletes during college and spent my spring breaks doing non-medical mission work in different cities around the country. The Mercer faculty members I interviewed with asked me a lot about my non-working/volunteer experiences and were really interested in my service experiences outside of healthcare. I also have held management positions in a couple of jobs I've had and had leadership opportunities through FCA during college, so I think a lot of those things helped round me out as a candidate.

Hope this helps! Best of luck to you and everyone else!

On 2/2/2018 at 4:30 PM, brittbarba said:

Can anyone provide time frames from when they applied to when they sent in the supplemental then got interview invites. Also, stats from anyone invited for interview or accepted would be awesome. 

-=)

I applied and submitted my supplemental application around 1/02, was invited to interview on 1/22 for Feb. 9th, and received a call this morning extending acceptance into their program! 

As far as my stats: 

BS in Exercise Science with an overall GPA 3.67, Science GPA 3.78. 

GRE scores were 151 verbal 154 quant and 4.5 writing.

About 1,000 direct patient care hours as both a scribe in the ER working with both PA and MDs, and in Cardiac Rehab. Other shadowing experience in internal medicine, pediatrics, ER, and cardiology. 

I can say the same as one of the other applicants who interviewed with me, they asked a lot about my volunteer experience. I personally did a lot through the Goizueta Foundation and the scholarship I attained through them during my undergrad. Most of my volunteer was with the Hispanic community as well as other underserved populations in efforts to encourage these students to reach for higher education. For those with upcoming interviews, just try to be yourself through all the jitters and nerves and have fun! The staff I interviewed with were all amazing and very calming. They just want to get to know you and finally put a face to a name. Good luck to everyone and I hope this helps! 

5 minutes ago, brittbarba said:

When did you apply? What time did you get the email? 

Sent in app Nov 22. Got an interview invite on Nov 29 for Dec 11. Got my interview rescheduled twice to Feb 9 (last friday). Got the email this morning at 930am. It says they will be sending me an update as they make decisions every month. So I believe that they are just trying to see more applicants before they make decisions because they're on rolling admissions.

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 9:18 PM, Roadtopaspac said:

Thank you so much for letting us know this. Were you timed for your questions in the MMI?

I apologize if I'm too late (did you already interview??) but yes the MMI portion was timed. A few minutes per station - maybe 4-6? I can't remember now.

EDIT: I see that you have interviewed and they need more time. I got the same email. :( 

Best of luck to you!

Hello everyone!

I am looking to apply to this school but see that many of you have had interviews/acceptances. Did they say how many interview dates or how many people they might have interviewed? Trying to see if it is worth applying this cycle. 

Also, I can't find anything about the supplemental.. is there an extra fee for the application besides the CASPA fee?

Thank you in advance :)

20 hours ago, prepa1212 said:

Hello everyone!

I am looking to apply to this school but see that many of you have had interviews/acceptances. Did they say how many interview dates or how many people they might have interviewed? Trying to see if it is worth applying this cycle. 

Also, I can't find anything about the supplemental.. is there an extra fee for the application besides the CASPA fee?

Thank you in advance :)

I would definitely apply. At the interview, the students were giving their application timelines and there were a lot of February applications. And I don't think there is another fee for Mercer's app.

Hey everyone! I received an email on February 15 stating my file was complete and under review. Any ideas when I may hear from admissions again as to whether or not I will be invited for an interview? Anyone else on a similar timeline? 
Reach out to an admissions advisor. If you haven't already met with them in person, schedule a meeting. They are invaluable!

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Reach out to an admissions advisor. If you haven't already met with them in person, schedule a meeting. They are invaluable!

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

I would love to speak with someone. Do you have contact information for them? Every number I call goes to voicemail and no one returns my calls. I'm also out of state.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Archived