Application cycle 2017-2018

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/26/2018 at 8:13 AM, Margie said:

I interviewed in December and still haven't heard anything!! Starting to get scared...

Ah okay! I was invited for an interview on February 9th as well, so I was wondering what the time frame for hearing back would be and trying to figure out how full the class might possibly be already haha getting a little ahead of myself, I guess! Do you mind sharing what the format of your interview was like and how many people there were in your interview group? The email said the interview would be from 9am-12pm, which seems pretty short to me! Also, how was ATL traffic getting to the campus in the morning?

11 hours ago, Cookie821 said:

Ah okay! I was invited for an interview on February 9th as well, so I was wondering what the time frame for hearing back would be and trying to figure out how full the class might possibly be already haha getting a little ahead of myself, I guess! Do you mind sharing what the format of your interview was like and how many people there were in your interview group? The email said the interview would be from 9am-12pm, which seems pretty short to me! Also, how was ATL traffic getting to the campus in the morning?

Traffic will be bad so give yourself PLENTY of time. The interview was pleasant and friendly. First there is a presentation on the program (like an info session) then you split into 3 groups. 8 per group (so there were 24 people interviewed total). There is a Q&A session with current students, a formal interview with faculty (about 10 minutes, I interviewed alone with 2 faculty members), and a MMI style interview. The MMI was fun, you rotate with another candidate between 4 interview stations. Google MMI interviews to get an idea of what it's like. And then you're done! Good luck!

Are you from Atlanta? If you're here the day before your interview, you could do a practice drive to see what the traffic is like. What part of town are you driving from?

On 1/30/2018 at 10:05 AM, Margie said:

Traffic will be bad so give yourself PLENTY of time. The interview was pleasant and friendly. First there is a presentation on the program (like an info session) then you split into 3 groups. 8 per group (so there were 24 people interviewed total). There is a Q&A session with current students, a formal interview with faculty (about 10 minutes, I interviewed alone with 2 faculty members), and a MMI style interview. The MMI was fun, you rotate with another candidate between 4 interview stations. Google MMI interviews to get an idea of what it's like. And then you're done! Good luck!

Are you from Atlanta? If you're here the day before your interview, you could do a practice drive to see what the traffic is like. What part of town are you driving from?

Thank you for sharing this information! That doesn't sound too bad, so hopefully all goes well haha I am actually from Greenville, SC, and will be getting into Atlanta after work on Thursday (around 8pm). I grew up a GT fan and have family around Atlanta, so I'm fairly familiar with Atlanta, but I've never been to the area where the Mercer campus is located. I've also never tried to navigate the Atlanta traffic in Friday morning work and school traffic before haha but I believe my hotel is pretty close (in Tucker/Northlake, so within 5ish miles), so I won't have to fight interstate traffic, PRAISE! I'll still make sure to allow extra time for backups, though. Thanks again!

Sent in my application on Nov 22 and got an invite of Nov 29 for Dec 11 but I am interviewing tomorrow because my interview got rescheduled twice

On 2/2/2018 at 4:30 PM, brittbarba said:

Can anyone provide time frames from when they applied to when they sent in the supplemental then got interview invites. Also, stats from anyone invited for interview or accepted would be awesome. 

-=)

Archived