Application cycle 2017-2018

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
I received an invitation to interview on Saturday for 12/11! I'm super excited!! Has anyone else heard anything? 

Do you mind sharing your application info ? I would like to see where I am at for reference. I also applied first day it opened. Thanks !! Congrats again !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

51 minutes ago, ballerina said:

Do you mind sharing your application info ? I would like to see where I am at for reference. I also applied first day it opened. Thanks !! Congrats again !!

I'm a nutritional sciences major and have a 3.6 GPA, 3200 hours pt care in UC and hem/onc! I did clinical research for 1.5 years. I've shadowed in derm, GI, plastic surgery, pediatric surgery, UC, hem/onc, and have about 1,360 hours of shadowing with PAs/MDs! Hope this helps! 

I'm a nutritional sciences major and have a 3.6 GPA, 3200 hours pt care in UC and hem/onc! I did clinical research for 1.5 years. I've shadowed in derm, GI, plastic surgery, pediatric surgery, UC, hem/onc, and have about 1,360 hours of shadowing with PAs/MDs! Hope this helps! 

Thanks !!

Hi all!

I have applied to several different schools throughout the Southeast and am currently looking to send in my application to Mercer as well! I was looking over the prior health care experience information on the website, and I'm a little confused. I have over 2,000 hours of experience as a scribe in both the ER and outpatient orthopedic surgery, but from what I can tell Mercer will only accept 500 of these hours towards their 1,000-hour requirement. Is that correct? If so, does that mean that I would also have to have 500 hours of some kind of experience listed under the "desirable" category in order to apply? If anyone happens to know the answer or is in the same boat, please let me know! Thanks, and good luck to everyone!

On 11/27/2017 at 7:25 PM, Cookie821 said:

Hi all!

I have applied to several different schools throughout the Southeast and am currently looking to send in my application to Mercer as well! I was looking over the prior health care experience information on the website, and I'm a little confused. I have over 2,000 hours of experience as a scribe in both the ER and outpatient orthopedic surgery, but from what I can tell Mercer will only accept 500 of these hours towards their 1,000-hour requirement. Is that correct? If so, does that mean that I would also have to have 500 hours of some kind of experience listed under the "desirable" category in order to apply? If anyone happens to know the answer or is in the same boat, please let me know! Thanks, and good luck to everyone!

From what they said, scribe is partially accepted, so yes up to 500 hours.

http://chp.mercer.edu/www/zzz-chp/admissions/upload/PCEInfo.pdf

Archived