How late is too late to apply to PA School?

Hi,

I am really interested in applying to a couple programs I became aware of a little late in the game. The deadlines are Jan15th. I am wondering if it is too late for me to apply or should I go ahead and submit an application.

Penn State & Southern California University are the programs I am looking into

A good way to research this is to look at those schools pages on this blog. See if there have been interview invites or acceptances sent out, if so I would say it is most likely to late. A lot of schools have a late deadline but also do rolling admissions.

It looks like the Southern Cal school doesn't start interviews until after the January deadline. Penn State looks like the interview August 2017 through Feb 2018 and the last post in their forum mentions that only 1/3 of the interview spots have been filled.

Guest hcruz496

Personally, I wouldn't apply anywhere that does rolling admissions this late in the cycle unless you are a phenomenal applicant or have money to burn, especially if they have been interviewing for months now.

Like many have stated. Look into the schools whose deadlines haven't passed. Then check if those schools are on a rolling admissions basis or not. The best chances are the ones without rolling admissions. 

Just make sure, your application it self is solid. Solid personal statement, solid LORs, solid PCE, HCE, volunteering. Then joins us in the waiting game, and go insane checking and rechecking your emails everyday. 

Good luck. 

Go for it! If you have the resources to pay for it. You never know, there are so many variables to getting in that who knows you may be more qualified than other applicants. You will never know until you try, be positive and if you get rejected you will know what to improve next time. I will give it your best at this point. Good luck!

Archived