PRE-PA (applicant)

Good morning all, 

My name is Leslie and I am currently submitting applications for PA programs. 

I am coming from an 8 year career in social work, working directly with physically & mentally disabled children and adults in home health care settings. Additionally, I’ve done work for the department of child & family services (3 out of the 8 years).

My role was to administer medications, ensure patient safety by remaining informed on current medical topics, overseeing dietary guidelines, assisting with daily living activities, and providing companionship while ensuring patient confidentiality. 

During my time with the department of child & family services, my responsibility was to supervise family visits for children who had been neglected & assaulted physically, mentally, and violently. It was my responsibility to determine whether or not the families would regain custody of their children. 

Because of my background I currently have no experience working alongside a physician or physician assistant. 

Had anyone else encountered this issue while applying to programs and if so, what were some solutions or ways you reached out for volunteering efforts? 

Thanks in advance for your help! 

LF

Archived