Post Application Follow Up

So I submitted my application about 2 months ago. I am wondering what type of follow up others are doing while waiting to hear back from programs? Is there a way besides the verified status in CASPA to double check that schools have received and or viewed your application? 

There is no way to tell.. you can always email the programs to see if your verified application had been received if they have not sent an email stating they received your application. All the schools I applied to sent an email but some were a couple months later after submission. 

Hope this helps 

I sent emails asking if everything checked out and was received and that I did not slip through the cracks.  Usually quick responses there from most schools.  There was one program that said not to even ask if all materials were verified, so I did not send one there.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By TallPA
      Hello everyone,
      I have been playing professional baseball since 2014. Due to covid, there is a chance my career could be cut short due to contracts (long un-needed story). I was a student athlete in college until I was drafted after my junior year in 2014. There are definitely more difficult situations out there, but being a student athlete at my school meant I had 2-3 hours to study per day starting at 8-9pm and we lifted at 5am every day. Finishing my degree in minor league baseball was just as tough. 12 hour bus rides twice a week, hotels, 10 hour days at the field, and playing for 6 months with only 2 days off a month. Not trying to make excuses, it was just tough for me.
      I still need to take organic chemistry, but my cGPA is 3.3 and my sGPA is 3.2. I have not taken the GRE and I have about 80 documented hours of shadowing, with over 300 undocumented hours.

Until it is certain my career has ended, what can I do to stay fresh on all my sciences? Have I missed anything to apply for PA school? Do I have a chance of getting in to school? A friend of mine is a physician and said medical/PA schools love unique stories and backgrounds. Even with my story, I want everything else to show I have a passion for medicine and I’m willing to bust my butt in school when I can strictly focus on school.
      Thank y’all in advance for any honest feedback!
    • By QuarterLifeCrisis34
      Hi!  I'm curious what other people have done in the past/suggest for adding collegiate athletics to CASPA?  It was a huge part of my 4 years in college, and I was also a captain so I wanted to include the leadership aspect to my application but I'm not sure how to enter accurately.   
      If I add being a captain under leadership experience, it requires me to select "Volunteer, Academic, or Paid".  I currently have my sport entered under "Memberships" but I'm open to changing it to something different.
      Any suggestions/insight you could offer would be great!  Thank you in advanced!  
    • By sdebar
      Thought I would get this started, anyone submit yet? I submitted my CASPA on 5/12, supplemental 5/13, and GRE on 5/13 as well!
    • By illini96
      So I am currently trying to figure out my credits and classes for the applications but I am having a lot of trouble matching courses. My college was a private college that went by trimesters. My classes were 3 credits each and they did not offer general biology. Instead the sequence went Zoology, Cellular Biology, and Botany and they were 3 credits each. So, if a program requires 4 credits of General Biology, does this mean that those three classes will not satisfy the requirement? Will I have to retake the classes somewhere else then? 
    • By MYoukh
      Does anyone know how long it usually takes for Professional Transcript Entry to be completed? I paid for the service before finding out that it might be more time saving to do it yourself. I submitted my CASPA on 5/16 and now I'm just an anxious ball of energy waiting for them to enter my courses.

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More