Has anyone received the first email confirmation

Thats the same email i recieved. No information of test dates what so ever. I've heard that they have added medical math and possibly micro to the test but i have not yet been able to confirm that. The email specifically says that the gross anatomy book bt chung is what you should be studying but nothing in the book really covers that. If anayone gets any info please share , thanks

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well mine arrived to both emails, personal and mdc. My application says missing items. So iam working on it. had anyone received one like mine or says completed. Is there any chance for me turn in those documents and still be consider for the test. If anyone has had the same experience on previous application, I will deeply appreciate any advised. Thanks

well mine arrived to both emails, personal and mdc. My application says missing items. So iam working on it. had anyone received one like mine or says completed. Is there any chance for me turn in those documents and still be consider for the test. If anyone has had the same experience on previous application, I will deeply appreciate any advised. Thanks

Please for those that have been through this process in the past like vane1184 and JpMorgan-PA, can you weight your advise on what study material to use. I notice that the exam is going to include math, microbiology and medical terminology. I have not fully read the entire book but I have browse through it and it does not seem to include those subjects. What study material have you use to help you?

Below are the subjects listed on the email sent by mdc for the material that will be included in the exam:

1. Admission Test – Multiple choice consisting of 100 questions in the following areas: a. Medical Terminology – 20 Questions

· Basic medical terminology

b. Anatomy and Physiology – 50 Questions - Approximately 70% will be in these areas:

· Abdomen

· Chest

c. Microbiology – 15 Questions

· Kingdom & Family Classification System

· Gram staining (or Gram's method)

d. Medical Math – 15 Questions

· Basic English – Metric Conversion- for example( to name a few):

o grams to kilograms

o cc to tablespoons

o cc to teaspoons

o milliliters to liters

Please for those that have been through this process in the past like vane1184 and JpMorgan-PA, can you weight your advise on what study material to use. I notice that the exam is going to include math, microbiology and medical terminology. I have not fully read the entire book but I have browse through it and it does not seem to include those subjects. What study material have you use to help you?

Below are the subjects listed on the email sent by mdc for the material that will be included in the exam:

1. Admission Test – Multiple choice consisting of 100 questions in the following areas: a. Medical Terminology – 20 Questions

b. Anatomy and Physiology – 50 Questions - Approximately 70% will be in these areas:

· Abdomen

· Chest

c. Microbiology – 15 Questions

d. Medical Math – 15 Questions

· Basic English – Metric Conversion- for example( to name a few):

o grams to kilograms

o cc to tablespoons

o cc to teaspoons

o milliliters to liters

@julieth, i believe that everything needed to be turned in by January 15th in order to be considered or at least thats what i was told when i turned in all of my stuff in early january. They should have given you a piece of paper that comfirms that you have everything completed. But i guess you have to waut and see. As far as the email that gives you the breakdown, the email i recieved in January doesnt indicate the medical math and microbiology part so i guess it has been updated, so i too just wait and see.

@julieth, i believe that everything needed to be turned in by January 15th in order to be considered or at least thats what i was told when i turned in all of my stuff in early january. They should have given you a piece of paper that comfirms that you have everything completed. But i guess you have to waut and see. As far as the email that gives you the breakdown, the email i recieved in January doesnt indicate the medical math and microbiology part so i guess it has been updated, so i too just wait and see.

The paper that Jackie gave me when I turned in my application said completed; however, I got that email. I just can say that it is really depressing and to tell you the truth the desire to continue studing have been gone away. I do not know if I still have any chance. ?????

The paper that Jackie gave me when I turned in my application said completed; however, I got that email. I just can say that it is really depressing and to tell you the truth the desire to continue studing have been gone away. I do not know if I still have any chance. ?????

Dear Applicant:

Thank you for your interest in the Physician Assistant program at Miami Dade College. Our records indicate that we received your 2012 Physician Assistant application and we are in the process of organizing and checking all of the supporting documents. The Admission Committee will begin reviewing all application packages in the February/March 2012 timeframe. After reviewing the application packages, the admission committee will select a number of applicants for the next step of medical testing and interviews. The selected applicants that are chosen for the next step will receive an e-mail starting anywhere between Mid- March 2012 until May 2012 to come to our Medical campus for an overview of our MDC Physician Assistant Program, admission test and written essay.

STUDENT INFORMATION FORM

ITEM

COMPLETED

MISSING

Miami-Dade Student Number

Official Transcripts

Program Application

Transfer Credit Review Form

Health Care Experience Form

Reference List

Three References on File

Certification/Registration/Licensure Form

Shadowing Experience Form

Things to study for the possibility of being selected for the next step:

We have chosen Gross Anatomy by K. Chung to demonstrate to you the importance of your understanding of Anatomy prior to entry into the program. The book is a concise review with board type questions without a vast amount of material. Approximately 80% of the entrance exam is your knowledge of Anatomy. Please do not wait until the last week to study for the exam.

The MDC Medical Campus Bookstore has the review book at a cost of $43.95.

1. Admission Test - Multiple choice consisting of 100 questions in the following areas:

a. Medical Terminology - 20 Questions

b. Anatomy and Physiology - 50 Questions - Approximately 70% will be in these areas:

· Abdomen

· Chest

c. Microbiology - 15 Questions

d. Medical Math - 15 Questions

· Basic English - Metric Conversion-for example( to name a few):

o grams to kilograms

o cc to tablespoons

o cc to teaspoons

o milliliters to liters

2. Written Essay - All applicants that are invited to take the Admission Test will also be assigned the same topic and each applicant will be asked to write a short essay regarding the assigned topic.

After the Admission Tests are graded, the applicants scores will be ranked and the top 100 will be notified as to a future date for the interview. The applicants that didn't achieve a desired score will not be invited for the interview. Subsequent to the completion of all interviews for the selected students approximately in the June 2012 timeframe, based on all of this information, we will select the next class of MDC- PA students that will start August, 2012.

Additional Information: The PA program is an intensive, demanding course of study that requires a full time commitment. For this reason, we strongly discourage students from working while in the program.

Again, thank you for your interest in our programs.

Jackie Hernandez, BSHA Student Services Assistant Physician Assistant Program Miami Dade College Medical Campus

Dear Applicant:

Thank you for your interest in the Physician Assistant program at Miami Dade College. Our records indicate that we received your 2012 Physician Assistant application and we are in the process of organizing and checking all of the supporting documents. The Admission Committee will begin reviewing all application packages in the February/March 2012 timeframe. After reviewing the application packages, the admission committee will select a number of applicants for the next step of medical testing and interviews. The selected applicants that are chosen for the next step will receive an e-mail starting anywhere between Mid- March 2012 until May 2012 to come to our Medical campus for an overview of our MDC Physician Assistant Program, admission test and written essay.

STUDENT INFORMATION FORM

ITEM

COMPLETED

MISSING

Miami-Dade Student Number

Official Transcripts

Program Application

Transfer Credit Review Form

Health Care Experience Form

Reference List

Three References on File

Certification/Registration/Licensure Form

Shadowing Experience Form

Things to study for the possibility of being selected for the next step:

We have chosen Gross Anatomy by K. Chung to demonstrate to you the importance of your understanding of Anatomy prior to entry into the program. The book is a concise review with board type questions without a vast amount of material. Approximately 80% of the entrance exam is your knowledge of Anatomy. Please do not wait until the last week to study for the exam.

The MDC Medical Campus Bookstore has the review book at a cost of $43.95.

1. Admission Test - Multiple choice consisting of 100 questions in the following areas:

a. Medical Terminology - 20 Questions

b. Anatomy and Physiology - 50 Questions - Approximately 70% will be in these areas:

· Abdomen

· Chest

c. Microbiology - 15 Questions

d. Medical Math - 15 Questions

· Basic English - Metric Conversion-for example( to name a few):

o grams to kilograms

o cc to tablespoons

o cc to teaspoons

o milliliters to liters

2. Written Essay - All applicants that are invited to take the Admission Test will also be assigned the same topic and each applicant will be asked to write a short essay regarding the assigned topic.

After the Admission Tests are graded, the applicants scores will be ranked and the top 100 will be notified as to a future date for the interview. The applicants that didn't achieve a desired score will not be invited for the interview. Subsequent to the completion of all interviews for the selected students approximately in the June 2012 timeframe, based on all of this information, we will select the next class of MDC- PA students that will start August, 2012.

Additional Information: The PA program is an intensive, demanding course of study that requires a full time commitment. For this reason, we strongly discourage students from working while in the program.

Again, thank you for your interest in our programs.

Jackie Hernandez, BSHA Student Services Assistant Physician Assistant Program Miami Dade College Medical Campus

Archived