On 10/25/2017 at 11:11 PM, dqnguyen said:

Congratulations to those that got in! 

what were your applications like? (Gpa, previous gpa in bachelors, occupation, clinical experience hours, gre scores). Did you all feel like essay quality played a big role for your application? Did you you feel like the interview went very well or was it just okay? Sorry to be nosy lol but you guys are like the perfect people to ask to better my chances next time lol

Did you interview?

So for me, I feel like the essay is your ticket to the interview. It's what gives the school an ide of who you are and what you're about. GPA and clinical experience will boost that as well. If our GPA is low then I would retake classes and get that GPA up. If you need more experience, then get more! 

I would say when writing the essay, have people read it and give you constructive criticism. Find friends who are English majors, and PAs and have them look at it. Most of all, be sure you answer the question that you're being asked. 

Lastly, shadow. Shadow a lot and in diverse specialties. That will show the school that you really care and have a strong desire. 

Again, that's my 2 cents. This is what worked for me, maybe others have different insights. 

• Upvote 1

Congratulations to everyone that made it into Tacoma Class 6! You are an amazing bunch of individuals and I am certain you are all going to do great things! Best wishes!

• Upvote 1

Congratulations to everyone that made it into Tacoma Class 6! You are an amazing bunch of individuals and I am certain you are all going to do great things! Best wishes!

Thanks for all your advice and help Ken! You are such an outstanding individual and don't give up! Your time is coming my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

Congrats to everyone that was accepted into the Tacoma class 6! It looks like they are starting the second round of interviews, as I received an invite to interview on December 9th. I am very excited to interview. If anyone has any words of wisdom I would love to hear. Congrats again to you all!

• Upvote 1

Congratulations on getting invited to the interview conference! I interviewed on October 21st and was selected for TC6. The best advice I received was to just be yourself. Easier said than done. Remember, everyone else interviewing with you is as equally qualified to fill a seat but this confrence is for the faculty and staff to get to know YOU better. Good luck! 

• Upvote 2

On 11/30/2017 at 7:53 PM, DBGMEDIC said:

Congratulations on getting invited to the interview conference! I interviewed on October 21st and was selected for TC6. The best advice I received was to just be yourself. Easier said than done. Remember, everyone else interviewing with you is as equally qualified to fill a seat but this confrence is for the faculty and staff to get to know YOU better. Good luck! 

Hey thanks for the kinds words. I appreciate your response!