Sign in to follow this  
silverstarlight

When does the interview cycle generally end?

When do schools with October/November deadlines typically stop giving out interviews? I'm waiting to hear back from some schools and have been rejected from a few already. I just want to know whether getting my hopes up is a bad idea or not.

• Upvote 1

Application deadlines don't dictate when interview offers start or end.

What matters is when the last interview date is for each program.  Some are done interviewing by December.  Some have interviews into Feb/March.  That's what you need to go by.

52 minutes ago, MT2PA said:

Application deadlines don't dictate when interview offers start or end.

What matters is when the last interview date is for each program.  Some are done interviewing by December.  Some have interviews into Feb/March.  That's what you need to go by.

I'm just not sure whether to give up yet on this cycle. Any idea when Yale stops interviewing? I just got rejected from one of my top schools

5 hours ago, silverstarlight said:

I'm just not sure whether to give up yet on this cycle. Any idea when Yale stops interviewing? I just got rejected from one of my top schools

From the looks of it, 11/8 seems to be Yale's last interview session, it was 11/15 last year. This is on campus though, online is most likely different. Check out individual school sub-forums for a general idea.

22 hours ago, silverstarlight said:

I wouldn't say you should give up on this cycle. Like has been said above, interviews can run into the new year depending on where you applied. That being said it is a smart idea to think about a backup plan in case you aren't accepted this year. What can you do to improve your application now, or has it already improved? The last thing you want to do is cling onto the hope of getting in until Feb/March and then only have a month or so to improve your application for next cycle, if that makes sense.

Browse through each individual school's forum. If interviews have already been sent out for people who applied after you, then I am sorry to say that you've probably been passed over. Or, it's possible you applied too late. When did you submit your applications? 

2 hours ago, HanSolo said:

Browse through each individual school's forum. If interviews have already been sent out for people who applied after you, then I am sorry to say that you've probably been passed over. Or, it's possible you applied too late. When did you submit your applications? 

They would have rejected me if they passed me over, but I'm not sure how accurate this website is in general since it is a forum. I haven't heard anything yet.

7 hours ago, silverstarlight said:

They would have rejected me if they passed me over, but I'm not sure how accurate this website is in general since it is a forum. I haven't heard anything yet.

Not everything on here is 100% accurate.  I can tell you for sure at UF, a few that applied after me received interview invites before receiving mine.  Even a co-worker of mine applied 2 weeks after and received his 2nd level review before I did.  So don't lose hope yet.

• Upvote 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By NickFala
      Hello all, I've been wandering around this website for quite some time reading peoples' posts and finally decided to try and make my own and have some people who have similar stats as me shed some light.
      I graduated from the University of Central Florida in August 2018 and I'm retaking A&P 1 & 2 since my university only offered Anatomy and Physiology as separate courses. I did unfortunately get C's in both Anatomy and Physio, however retaking A&P 1 and 2, I received an A in A&P 1 and will most likely receive an A in A&P 2.

My cumulative GPA averaged out to about a 3.2 and sGPA of about 3.0-3.1 somewhere in that general area. I got a 297 on the GRE, with my writing section being in about the 95th percentile (not sure if that really matters or not). I also do have a LOR from my A&P professor, I have around 50+ shadowing hours, shadowing a transplant surgeon and psychiatrist. I also currently have been working as a scribe in the Emergency department with not only physicians but PA's as well. I have been a scribe for about 2 years so I'd say more than 1,000 hours and I've contacted some schools who consider it has PCE hours, with that being said I've definitely learned a LOT being a scribe and being exposed to everything and anything in the ER. I also have a letter recommendation who is a PA-C and he's also a faculty member for a universitys PA program as well. So I was wondering, will my GPA ruin my chances of getting in PA school? I really didn't wanna have to take a bunch of science classes if I didn't need to but I've been unfortunately comparing myself to a lot of applicants and I feel like the short end of the stick. Thanks to everyone and anyone who responds, all criticism is welcome. Just please try not to be too rude :)
    • By ltarke
      Hello Everyone, 
      We are holding the first open house for our Physician Assistant Program on January 30 at 6:00 p.m at the College of Saint Elizabeth in Morristown NJ (www.cse.edu).   For information about the program visit https://www.cse.edu/academics/aas/physician-assistant.   Please see the attached file and register soon by emailing me at ltarke@cse.edu.  Space is limited.  
      What you will gain: CSE requirements, tour the PA Program, meet the faculty, and Q & A.  

• By ARKprePA
      Older student here. 
      Current Junior in Physiology track, 4.0 GPA. 5+ years working as civilian in clinical psych research for DOD - 2.5 years working with AD 0311s & 3 working with vets in a VA psych Dept. 
      2 questions:
      - is it too early in my college track to be contacting recruiters for info? Interested in Navy PA primarily, open to AF/Army. 
      - my spouse is active duty, E-8 (EOD) with 5 years remaining. Will being a military spouse/married to enlisted make it unlikely for me to be a competitive candidate? 
      Thanks in advance for any info. 
    • By samweres
      Hi everyone. I am planning on applying for my second time this upcoming April 2019. This past cycle i decided to apply in June 2018 and didn’t get my apps in until late July. I just applied to two programs that i already qualified for. I think my main error last cycle was applying so late and to so few schools.  I should’ve just waited until this cycle, but it is okay because now i am more prepared and have a bulkier application. If anyone could give me advice on areas to improve on that’d be great! 
      Bachelors in Respiratory Care (2017)
      cGPA: 3.4 (Caspa 2018 calculation)
      sGpa:3.4 (Casap 2018 calculation)
      Since last cycle i have taken or i plan to have completed before this cycle: Bio 2(A),Chem 2(A), Genetics (A), Orgo I (TBD, estimating a B+ to be on the safe side), Stat (TBD, est A). This should bring my GPA up to at least a 3.5 - 3.6ish?
      3,300 hrs PCE as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (full time current career)
      100 hrs volunteer/HCE medical mission trip to Peru.
      25 volunteer hours from various events in college
      500 hrs leadership experience for running student run organization in college(dance team)
      4 years of being on college dance team.
      700 hrs non HCE work as nanny of 3 children including one autistic child
      24 hrs PA shadowing (cardiac surgery, critical care/pulmonary, plastic surgery)
      GRE: scheduled for March 30 (have started studying, hoping for a 300)
      LOR: 1 PA I shadowed, 1 from my Respiratory Care Manager, and one from my Resporatory peogram director/professor(?). I can probably do another PA if that would look better, but I know some schools require a professor  
      Any criticism would be helpful! My goal is to apply before May 15th this cycle to about 7 schools! Thanks in advance everyone!

• By rtPA20
      Hey everyone,

I'm really excited for this upcoming application cycle. In terms of candidacy, can you give me some input in to whether my background as a respiratory therapist would be of benefit? From an academic standpoint, I'm finishing a master's in respiratory therapy for completion of last few outstanding prereqs for CASPA, and the sheer knowledge I've gotten in cardiopulmonary medicine. GPA is solid 3.6 and I've got specialty credentials as well as over 5,000 hours of patient care experience. My hope when I get accepted into PA school is to become a primary care and/or pulmonary PA afterwards. 

Thanks so much!

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More