Didn't get in now what?

Hi, 

I am currently a Senior who will graduate in May 2018 with a B.S in Exercise Science and a minor in psych. I was planning on being in PA school after graduation, but now I need to come up with another plan. If i work as a cardiac rehab tech preforming stress test and EKG's or do something along the lines of an exercise physiologist does this count as Patient Care Hours? I currently have over 800 hours in a nursing home and around 200 in a hospital Cardiac Speciality Unit as a CNA and PCA. I want to do something with my degree because I just worked very hard for 4 years for it. Any ideas or recommendations would be great. 

Short answer is yes, working as a cardiac rehab tech would definitely count. That is how I gained all my PCE hours and it was counted by every program I applied to (which was a lot). As long as you are physically touching patients and providing some kind of care, it should be counted. It is just up to you to clearly convey that on your CASPA so they know how involved you were with patient care.

Archived