Going to open house after receiving interview invite

2 hours ago, Wellness said:

I would find out what is on the agenda for the interview. I believe most schools offer a tour at the interview, and they cover most of what is covered in the open house. It wouldn't make sense to do it twice.

Those are my sentiments. I figured in this case it may be viewed as 'doing too much'.

1 hour ago, pausenot said:

Those are my sentiments. I figured in this case it may be viewed as 'doing too much'.

I wouldn't be scared of doing too much. I mean, do not stalk your interviewers! Moorecarson121 definitely makes a good point, but I personally would think it a waste of time. 

If it isnt too far of a drive why not? Youll be able to meet faculty, hopefully make a positive impression and they remember you when its time for your interview. 

I would read up on faculty and see if theres anything exciting about them and pick their brain about it at the open house. 

1 hour ago, JD2012 said:

If it isnt too far of a drive why not? Youll be able to meet faculty, hopefully make a positive impression and they remember you when its time for your interview. 

I would read up on faculty and see if theres anything exciting about them and pick their brain about it at the open house. 

Only about a 2hr drive. Would it be a good idea to bring my spouse?

11 minutes ago, pausenot said:

Only about a 2hr drive. Would it be a good idea to bring my spouse?

I would ask them. I haven't been to one, but the nearest one I had before getting interview invites was over 4 hours away and way too short of notice with a 1-week notice so I could not ask for the time off from work.

It's a good opportunity, if taken advantage of properly, to get noticed, but I wouldn't rely on it completely to get you an interview.

I would ask them. I haven't been to one, but the nearest one I had before getting interview invites was over 4 hours away and way too short of notice with a 1-week notice so I could not ask for the time off from work.
It's a good opportunity, if taken advantage of properly, to get noticed, but I wouldn't rely on it completely to get you an interview.
I already have an interview invite to the school. Just seeing if going to the open house will be looked upon as an applicant who is committed to this school.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, pausenot said:

I already have an interview invite to the school. Just seeing if going to the open house will be looked upon as an applicant who is committed to this school.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ahh my mistake.

I feel like it can be a double edged sword then with an invite already.  If you don't impress at the open house than it may affect your interview/outcome but on the other hand it can go very well and leave a positive impression.

Personally, I would just stick with the interview, unless this is your top choice school you've been dreaming about since you decided to become a PA.

Archived