MEDEX 2018 Anchorage Bachelor's Cohort

On 11/10/2017 at 9:25 PM, fbks pre pa said:

Hey Joe,

I'm excited to hear you got an interview, I'm cheering for you, I know you will make a great PA! If you have any questions feel free to ask me. 

The rotations have been so fun, its nice to be out of the classroom and learning hands on. 

Thanks Mykaela, you're too kind!  

I can't think of any questions in particular at this point, but I'm sure there'll be lots If I'm selected for a seat. ?  Any advice, or tips, or suggestions that come to mind are welcome- general or specific- I'm open.  I appreciate your and Justin's support.  

I bet, I'm happy to hear you're enjoying it.  I can only imagine what it must be like making the connections as you put all that new information to practice.  Sounds exciting.  

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/10/2017 at 9:08 PM, pa supportive husband said:

It would be awesome! Long road for me but excited. Hoping to start EMT in January and A&P. I have started shadowing so I can be a strong applicant in 2022, so I've done a few Orto Surgery Observations and they were awesome! I've seen a complete shoulder replacement, a right wrist fracture repair (plate and screws) and 1st dorsal compartment release. She loves them. She is getting ready to reply and feel free to ask any questions about the interview or anything in general. 

Nice, that's awesome man!  Sounds like you're on the right road.  I'm sure you'll make a strong applicant.  I know you've got a strong corner too.  If I'm in a position to help in any way, once you do embark on the application process, I most definitely will.  Happy Veterans Day 

55 minutes ago, JSadley said:

Nice, that's awesome man!  Sounds like you're on the right road.  I'm sure you'll make a strong applicant.  I know you've got a strong corner too.  If I'm in a position to help in any way, once you do embark on the application process, I most definitely will.  Happy Veterans Day 

Thanks, I am excited, I know it will be hard since by the time I apply it will be an entire Master's class but I will just keep applying. When you interview just be yourself, I know Mykaela was so nervous the first time and the second time she was herself and they noticed a 100% difference and even told her this. Be social and mingle too!

Hello all. I hadn't heard about anyone making any reservations yet so I went ahead and made it for the Gallos near old Seward and Dimond Blvd. I made it for 15 people and it could only be made at the regular dining area since the upstairs was already booked. Is everyone still good with this place at 6:30pm on Friday?  Please let me know if anyone is bringing someone with you so I am able to reserve more seats if needed.  

41 minutes ago, Soccercr said:

I think there are two forums for the Anchorage site so just to make sure everyone knows we are meeting tonight at 630PM at the Gallos on Old Seward! Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Got off a little later than expected.  Headed there now, I'll be a little late coming from the valley.  Look forward to seeing everyone. 

On 11/15/2017 at 3:08 PM, yanetyjo said:

Hi everyone,

any plans to meet before the interview?

Yes,

it looks like at 6:30 at gallos near old seward.

2 minutes ago, Joito911 said:

Sorry everyone, I forgot to tell you that the reservation at Gallows is under Joey MedEx.

Thanks! I may be a tad late! 

1 hour ago, JHarp said:

I'm bummed to have missed this however I broke my arm last night,  and maybe a scaphoid fracture on my other wrist (I'll know more monday- hockey injury!) So I'm resting tonight. 

See you all in the morning, I'll be the one with my arms in splints!  :( 

I’m sorry to hear that. I hope you’re feeling   a little better tomorrow for the interview. See you in the morning! 

Archived