MEDEX 2018 Anchorage Bachelor's Cohort

5 hours ago, Joito911 said:

Hi Kylie. Thank you for offering your help.  I really appreciate it! I do have a question. When did you have to fly to Seattle, to do the part of the program that is required to be there? 

Not Kylie, but my wife is Class 8. You will go down in the Summer around June/July. IN 2016 my wife went down end of June for a class start date of July 5th. For Class 9 It was end of June. You do have to pay for lodging as it's not included as part of the tuition and it's $33 or so a day 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Kyliestreet said:

Hey guys! My name is Kylie I'm in Anchorage Class 9! if you have any questions or concerns about interview or just about the program in general I can try my best to answer!! Good luck with interviews 

How you liking it? My wife Mykaela was at the interviews. She is in Class 8 and with any luck I will be in class 14 to gradate in 2024. Hang in there, you will most likely have up's and downs as my wife did but it's worth it. She is loving her rotations. 

On 10/23/2017 at 4:51 AM, Joito911 said:

Hi Kylie. Thank you for offering your help.  I really appreciate it! I do have a question. When did you have to fly to Seattle, to do the part of the program that is required to be there? 

This year we went to Seattle on the end of June and we're done by the first week of August! It was a total of 6 weeks! It was a blast! It's like adult summer camp with "some " studying haha 

On 10/23/2017 at 10:28 AM, pa supportive husband said:

How you liking it? My wife Mykaela was at the interviews. She is in Class 8 and with any luck I will be in class 14 to gradate in 2024. Hang in there, you will most likely have up's and downs as my wife did but it's worth it. She is loving her rotations. 

I love it! It's been a bit of a transition but I am enjoying it. Mykaela sounds familiar!! Are you guys from Healy ? I'm happy to hear she loves clinicals! There is light on the end of the tunnel. Good luck applying in a few years, you will be well prepared with your wife have gone through it :) 

8 hours ago, Kyliestreet said:

I love it! It's been a bit of a transition but I am enjoying it. Mykaela sounds familiar!! Are you guys from Healy ? I'm happy to hear she loves clinicals! There is light on the end of the tunnel. Good luck applying in a few years, you will be well prepared with your wife have gone through it :) 

It can be a transition but if you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out to me and I can pass on into to Mykaela, she jumps on here from time to time but spends a lot of her time studying, prepping for the PANCE and doing her rotations. She will even call/text etc if you want to. We live in Fairbanks, she was down for the interview session you went thru and was in the room talking with the interviewees. There is light at the tunnel, as I told her (many times) it is worth it. Winter will be a lot harder because of the classes but time management it important, and get out from time to time. That is one of the biggest things with Mykaela is she would spend almost all her time studying so I had to ask her to go out with her classmates every so often so she didn't hit burnout. 

I'm excited and a bit nervous since it's a major career change from my current degree but I plan on working as an EMT part time for the next few years, volunteering, shadowing a lot and hoping I can make it Tuesday and not pass out shadowing my first surgery. 

Kaladi's might be a good option. The one on Brayton has the community room that we could see if we could use. I believe the Starbucks on Dimond also has a separate room that we could meet in to lessen the noise. Depending on how many want to come we could also reserve a room at the UAA library but the largest room holds up to 10 people. I am down for where ever if others have suggestions. I am available anytime after 4PM that Friday prior to the interviews.

20 minutes ago, Soccercr said:

Kaladi's might be a good option. The one on Brayton has the community room that we could see if we could use. I believe the Starbucks on Dimond also has a separate room that we could meet in to lessen the noise. Depending on how many want to come we could also reserve a room at the UAA library but the largest room holds up to 10 people. I am down for where ever if others have suggestions. I am available anytime after 4PM that Friday prior to the interviews.

When I went with my wife both times, her first time they met up at Texas Roadhouse and it was ok, they were in the corner about 12 of them and me the third wheel. The second time one of the students held a dinner/potluck at his home. That worked out great and in fact majority of those students are Anchorage class 8 now so that may be a good option as well. :-) 

On 10/26/2017 at 0:07 PM, Soccercr said:

I too can meet up anytime after 4 that Friday! I’m up to meet wherever, UAA seems easiest but whatever works for everyone sounds good to me!!

Friday night works for me too.  I am able to meet around 5 to 6pm as well.  The UAA idea is good for space and being able to talk and hear each other but we might have to pay for parking.  The Starbucks on Dimond could be difficult to accommodate 10 to 12 vehicles in their parking lot, depending on who is driving. I've never been to the Kaladi's on Brayton but it looks like they could accommodate plenty for parking, on google maps and the community room sounds like a great idea.  Food on a Friday night might be a little loud anywhere in town but if we could get a separate room/section it might help dial down the common area volume.  Honestly, I'd like to get a bite around that time if we could.  Does anyone have any allergy or food preferences/lifestyles we would meed to accommodate for?

Looks like 10 or 12 of us want to meet.

How about Gallos at Arctic/Diamond (they have an upper balcony area and we could make a reservation) 

or

Olive Garden at Diamond mall? 

Let me know if either of those sound good. I would love to call and make a reservation someplace tomorrow! 

I was thinking 630pm? 

Jess 

On 11/3/2017 at 3:40 PM, JHarp said:

Looks like 10 or 12 of us want to meet.

How about Gallos at Arctic/Diamond (they have an upper balcony area and we could make a reservation) 

or

Olive Garden at Diamond mall? 

Let me know if either of those sound good. I would love to call and make a reservation someplace tomorrow! 

I was thinking 630pm? 

Jess 

Hi everyone,

Congratulations on the interview invites!  I'm at it again this year too.  This will be my third time interviewing and it's the 4th time I've applied.  So for the folks who didn't get invited, or are thinking of giving up, please don't- there's always hope ?Please count me in for the Friday evening meet.  We did this the first time I interviewed and seeing familiar faces helped ease some of the tension for sure.  I couldn't make it to the meet before my last interview and I wished I had been able to.  

Anyways, please count me in when making the reservation.  I look forward to meeting everyone.  Best of luck to all of you!

Warm Regards,

Joe Sadley

Hi everyone,
Congratulations on the interview invites!  I'm at it again this year too.  This will be my third time interviewing and it's the 4th time I've applied.  So for the folks who didn't get invited, or are thinking of giving up, please don't- there's always hope [emoji4]Please count me in for the Friday evening meet.  We did this the first time I interviewed and seeing familiar faces helped ease some of the tension for sure.  I couldn't make it to the meet before my last interview and I wished I had been able to.  

Anyways, please count me in when making the reservation.  I look forward to meeting everyone.  Best of luck to all of you!

Warm Regards,
Joe Sadley
Joe, glad to see your applying again. Mykaela is rooting for you and me too. I plan on applying in 2021 for the 2022 class. If you have ant questions you want me to ask Mykaela, let me know.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

To those of us still waiting for interviews, I emailed MEDEX and they said they are currently expecting to hold additional interviews for Anchorage candidates. That we should be notified by the year's end either of interview invitation or non-acceptance. Until receiving one of these notifications that we are still under consideration for a seat in one of the interviews. I am not sure if this means they will do an additional Anchorage interview or if that means as in the past there will be seats in a Seattle interview for Anchorage applicants. But regardless hang on until you get that non-acceptance letter!

On 11/9/2017 at 4:02 PM, pa supportive husband said:

Joe, glad to see your applying again. Mykaela is rooting for you and me too. I plan on applying in 2021 for the 2022 class. If you have ant questions you want me to ask Mykaela, let me know.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hey, thanks Justin, I appreciate that!  Sounds like you've got a great plan!  It sure would be awesome to be a PA, right?! ?

Tell Mykaela I said hello.  I hope  to have some questions for you guys- just have to make it past the interview.  Any advice she has on that is most definitely welcome, of course.  

How's she liking her rotations, does she have a favorite?  

2 hours ago, JSadley said:

Hey, thanks Justin, I appreciate that!  Sounds like you've got a great plan!  It sure would be awesome to be a PA, right?! ?

Tell Mykaela I said hello.  I hope  to have some questions for you guys- just have to make it past the interview.  Any advice she has on that is most definitely welcome, of course.  

It would be awesome! Long road for me but excited. Hoping to start EMT in January and A&P. I have started shadowing so I can be a strong applicant in 2022, so I've done a few Orto Surgery Observations and they were awesome! I've seen a complete shoulder replacement, a right wrist fracture repair (plate and screws) and 1st dorsal compartment release. She loves them. She is getting ready to reply and feel free to ask any questions about the interview or anything in general. 

2 hours ago, JSadley said:

Hey Joe,

I'm excited to hear you got an interview, I'm cheering for you, I know you will make a great PA! If you have any questions feel free to ask me. 

The rotations have been so fun, its nice to be out of the classroom and learning hands on. 

Archived