Ohio University 2020

Hello PA world, 

I just got invited for interview at Ohio University PA @dublin Ohio and I’m so anxious of the interview. What type of questions are there in the interview. The Program just put in probation like a month ago. Should I bring up and ask about the reason for that or is it a red flag? I want to go to the school no matter what... but for discussion 

Hello PA world, 
I just got invited for interview at Ohio University PA @dublin Ohio and I’m so anxious of the interview. What type of questions are there in the interview. The Program just put in probation like a month ago. Should I bring up and ask about the reason for that or is it a red flag? I want to go to the school no matter what... but for discussion 
They will probably talk about it. There is nothing wrong with asking, but if you want to go there, I wouldn't dwell on it.

Anyone who goes there now will get to graduate and take their boards, regardless of what happens. In general, it takes about two years for a program to get off probation.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, bearcatPA said:

I just got the invitation for an interview...wondering what types of questions/ format they use!

My interview is on Nov. 28th. I m also in searching phase. From what I have read from other posts, they said it is a laid back general and behavioral questions. please let me know if you do yours before I do. 

22 hours ago, OUPA2020 said:

My interview is on Nov. 28th. I m also in searching phase. From what I have read from other posts, they said it is a laid back general and behavioral questions. please let me know if you do yours before I do. 

Mine is after yours so please write back to let me know how it went!!!

I have an interview on the 17th at OU. Looking forward to seeing what this program has to offer. I know the Columbus area fairly well, but looking to see how the program fits into the city scene and/or is different. Seems much different from other formats, with only 2 hours expected for the entire process.

On 11/1/2017 at 9:56 PM, mortc15 said:

I have an interview on the 17th at OU. Looking forward to seeing what this program has to offer. I know the Columbus area fairly well, but looking to see how the program fits into the city scene and/or is different. Seems much different from other formats, with only 2 hours expected for the entire process.

Hey

Columbus is not a flashy city but its full of opportunities in healthcare. It is great if you want to do some of "college life" stuff too lol . But I wouldn't  expect that with an intensive PA curriculum. 

please leave me info when you finish your interview. Best of luck. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just interviewed today at OU and found the interview process to be fairly routine. As for the accreditation status, they do touch on it and talk about what they've already implemented to correct it. But again, I thought the interview process was pretty normal to most other places I've been. Just getting to know you in other words. Best of luck to everyone!

On 11/17/2017 at 11:38 PM, mortc15 said:

I just interviewed today at OU and found the interview process to be fairly routine. As for the accreditation status, they do touch on it and talk about what they've already implemented to correct it. But again, I thought the interview process was pretty normal to most other places I've been. Just getting to know you in other words. Best of luck to everyone!

Was it 1 on 1 base? Does it really only take the 2 hours they say it will? 

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Phillipians46 said:

Congratulations! I interview this coming Tuesday. I’m super excited. :)

any advice? 

I found their interview to be much less stressful. I started with kind of a mini  ''know the program" video session, and then interview with admission director, followed by the program director and two faculty members. Just focus on why you WANT and DESERVE to be in the program, and how THE PROGRAM (specifically) will help you become successful both as student and in the profession later. All the best! 

10 hours ago, OUPA2020 said:

I found their interview to be much less stressful. I started with kind of a mini  ''know the program" video session, and then interview with admission director, followed by the program director and two faculty members. Just focus on why you WANT and DESERVE to be in the program, and how THE PROGRAM (specifically) will help you become successful both as student and in the profession later. All the best! 

Thank you so much! I really appreciate the advice. 

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, FuturePA1995 said:

When you were accepted to OU, how did they let you know? I had an interview 12/15 and they said they’d let us know very soon within a week or two. I called twice last week and they said Ricky sent out the letters on Thursday. So is it just letters or do they call you? 

wondering the same thing!

Archived