Has anyone gone shopping for apartments? On some advice I have gone twice to Midland, but it seems like no one wants to talk to me until the end of April. I can kind of understand that, but it is hard to pick a place with any expense especially since we haven't heard from financial aid yet. What have been some other peoples experience in apartment shopping and maybe some current students can tell me how much financial aid is allotting for housing....

• 4 weeks later...

For those of you who are looking at apartments I will pass on, DON'T rent from Silver Creek. I have stood by them on this forum, as a cheap alternative, and even lived there for a period after graduation. These apartments used to cater to the PA students but times have changed. The ladies in the front office will be as sweet as can be to get you in and get your money but don't trust them or believe a word they say. The apartments are falling apart and getting repairs done can take an act of God. You'll have enough stress in PA school that you don't need the added problems of living at Silver Creek. Pay a little more for peace of mind elsewhere.

For those of you who are looking at apartments I will pass on, DON'T rent from Silver Creek. I have stood by them on this forum, as a cheap alternative, and even lived there for a period after graduation. These apartments used to cater to the PA students but times have changed. The ladies in the front office will be as sweet as can be to get you in and get your money but don't trust them or believe a word they say. The apartments are falling apart and getting repairs done can take an act of God. You'll have enough stress in PA school that you don't need the added problems of living at Silver Creek. Pay a little more for peace of mind elsewhere.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so some of you that are wait listed, I wish you luck finding a place. I started in Jan and just found a place out of pure luck and the good will of someone else. Basically he ended up getting in at two places and sent me a message about the other. I was able to talk the lady into letting me take his place. If you are jammed to find a place, you can crash at my house for a short period of time.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

There are some decent places, but not so much decently priced. I think the prices are going up from where they were when I got here. People seem to like the Clusters, Windscape, and Polo Park. The advice I got when I was looking is try not to go below Wadley when looking for an apartment.

Archived