• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By PrePA1208
      I worked as a PRN rehab technician for about 3 months (roughly 20 hours a week) before I became Full-Time (40 hours a week).  How do I record this change in hours? Do I make two separate entries or average the hours per week?  My hours for PRN also varied each week, with weeks working up to 30 hours and sometimes only 15 hours. Do I need to record this somehow? I also do not understand how PA schools validate that the numbers of hours stated are honest. Is there some sort of validation document needed from each employer from past jobs.  Any advice is appreciated, thank you!
    • By Onigokko0101
      Hello everyone! Long time lurker, but having a problem. I am currently finishing up my Associates and going to be working on my BS soon and I was looking for a low to medium stress PCE job to get hours while I go to school. So I thought Phlebotomy would be perfect as I could get the hours while doing my Bachelors and use it to volunteer at bloodbanks/red cross/etc..

However, lately I have been seeing that it is considered 'low quality' PCE and I want my application to be as good as possible. I am 29 years old, decided to finally go to school because I was tired of minimum wage and have my heart set on PA. Is Phlebotomy going to look bad on my application? Is there any other low to medium stress options that I can work at part-time while in school? My GPA is somewhat of my focus (Currently sitting at a 3.85 and hope to keep it around there!)

Once I get my BS in Kinesiology I will be able to work as an Exercise Physiologist, but if possible I would like to not gap year so I will be applying ASAP.

The other ones I am currently considering are: EKG Tech, and MA.

Any advice? 
    • By Majesticu
      Hey guys,
      I'm currently considering applying next year and was wondering if anyone could share their stats for getting into nova or any other school in florida, especially how many pce hours, since they don't seem to require it but I'm not sure how many most applicants have.
    • By Greentman
      Hi all first time poster and excited to be on this path to becoming a PA. I just have a simple question and want some opinions on if my job would count as patient care experience. 
      Currently I work as a tech on the floor of a psychiatric emergency hospital. The hospital doesn't employ CNAs or MAs as the techs do most of the work. 
      My daily duties include triaging patients who either come through the lobby or sally-port (brought in by cops) and on the unit. During triage I do an initial assessment (what's going on and why are they here), vitals, perform labs, and check blood alcohol level if needed. I then report these findings to the nurse and enter them into the hospitals emr. A second part of my job is monitoring or leading group activities with patients on the pyschiatric unit. This includes keeping staff safe and practicing restraint and seclusion on patients if need be.
      Thank you to anyone who can give me some feedback!
    • By Jones4466
      I have recently graduated from college with my bachelors. I am not worried about my grades or GPA when applying to PA school however, I am worried about if I am doing the right Patient Care Experience or Health Care Experience. I am currently working 40 hours a week as a Physical Therapy Technician and that counts as PCE at most PA schools however, I am not interacting with the patients and learning as much. I mostly do laundry, clean up tables, and sometimes show patients exercises. I am thinking of becoming a medical scribe with Proscibe but, only working 24 to 30 hours a week. I am going to become a CNA during the fall and work part time with one job and a CNA job however, I am not sure I sure stay as a Physical Therapy Tech or become a Medical Scribe. I plan to apply to a PA program in April of 2020. 

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More