Class of 2014 - Accepted

Hello~

Congratulations to those who have been accepted! I just wanted to start to help some of us meet eachother, figure out where to live, and anything else. I will be starting at the main campus in May (conditionally - I have to complete a class). I am coming from the Philadelphia area. I'm very excited to start this next "chapter" in my life.

Does anyone know if there is a facebook page that has been started? I would like to start one if not.

Good luck to those of you who are still waiting to hear or on the waitlist!

Sarah

Hi everyone! Congrats on all of the acceptances! I just got the phone call yesterday morning, and I was sooo happy to accept! I got such a great vibe from the faculty and students, I'm confident that this is going to be a very positive experience for us all. I'll be coming all the way from California, and will be at the Clearfield campus. I can't wait to meet everyone! :;-D:

Keeley

Hi everyone! I'm Sandy from New York City. I got a phone call last week but haven't received anything in the mail yet. I chose the Coudersport campus but I'm sure I'll see all of you via the webcams. Congratulations and we'll all be meeting in less than 3 months - isn't that crazy?!

Also, about that FB page, can students start one or do we need to wait on something? Maybe people will be more inclined to join a FB page and we can see who's in the 2014 class that way.

Does anyone have information on financial aid/ loans for the program? I just called the financial aid office today and they said we should be getting a letter in April with estimates. This is really close to the program's start date and I'm pretty sure I'll need extra loans too...

Advice?

As far as financial aid goes, if you haven't completed a FAFSA yet, do that ASAP. Without that information you won't be able to get loans/grants/scholarships. I found some PA program specific scholarships on the lock haven PA program website. There is a link on the left that lists a few options. You have to submit some essays/recommendation type letters by 3/15 for most of them so you don't have much time. I need all the help I can get in that area!

Aww, thanks! I submitted FAFSA sometime around last week and I was browsing through Lock Haven's site but I'm not eligible :(

Also, I just saw a note on the site saying 3/4/2012 for submissions eek!

[h=4]All applicants must submit a completed application for scholarship award along with their essays to Ms. Lori Beers, PA Program Secretary, by 12:00 PM on March 4th

Application forms can be picked up in Lori's office or found at http://www.lhup.edu/foundation/Web_form.htm

[/h]

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations to all previous posters who have been accepted into LHU's program. I have also been accepted to the Clearfield campus and am very excited. I look forward to meeting all of you! My family and I will be moving from montana (I grew up in the philadelphia area). Has anyone received any additional information as to what we need to do in such a short time, financial aid, housing, general program info? Just wondering if I am the only one who hasn't received much info yet. Anyway, I look forward to meeting all of you and again, congratulations!

Brian

Congratulations to all previous posters who have been accepted into LHU's program. I have also been accepted to the Clearfield campus and am very excited. I look forward to meeting all of you! My family and I will be moving from montana (I grew up in the philadelphia area). Has anyone received any additional information as to what we need to do in such a short time, financial aid, housing, general program info? Just wondering if I am the only one who hasn't received much info yet. Anyway, I look forward to meeting all of you and again, congratulations!

Brian

Congrats! A classmate started a facebook group so you can network there too. I called Prof Lewis and she said we should be getting info in a few weeks (books, orientation, etc). Right now, most people are filing their FAFSAs and looking for housing. You can try calling your campus coordinator for housing help - I had some questions and asked them. Congratulations again!

Congrats! A classmate started a facebook group so you can network there too. I called Prof Lewis and she said we should be getting info in a few weeks (books, orientation, etc). Right now, most people are filing their FAFSAs and looking for housing. You can try calling your campus coordinator for housing help - I had some questions and asked them. Congratulations again!

Archived