Low HCE hours

I have an interview next week and all the advice on the page says to be ready to explain weaknesses in you application. I personally have the minimum amount of HCE because I discovered my passion for the PA career late in the game. However, I didn't wait to apply because I don't want to spend the time and money training for a different job when I know this is what I want to do. I wan't to be providing medical care to people who otherwise wouldn't get it as soon as possible and that just isn't something I can fully do before becoming a PA. I'm just wondering how to best explain why despite my minimal HCE, I am a good candidate. 

If you have an interview, then admissions is already aware of your minimum amount of HCE. Use this interview question to your advantage. Talk about the passion you bring to every day of work and how you are eager to learn more. Talk about the progress you made and memorable healthcare moments. Every interview question, whether positive or negative, can be spun into a narrative of why you are a great candidate. Be sure to emphasize that their program is the best fit for you and your career goals. 

Archived