gpa low did not get in this cycle should I do nurse to NP?

Wow that's interesting. Thanks for replying. That sucks about the residency, pretty ridiculous honestly. I think there's way less risk for us, even though some PA schools can still be pretty expensive. 

There's a PA school in PA that's $238,000 that beats USCs 3 year program with summers off at $156k!

In response to my plan B, I'm thinking of becoming an inn and out store manager, they make a difference in people's lives, one belly at a time and make $120k a year [emoji23]

Shoot, in all seriousness I do wish more of the PA programs would be public schools like NP programs, most, from my research are mostly private and are an upward of at least $40k a year.
Every year not working as a PA/NP is another year of lost income.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, ChristineQLe said:

There's a PA school in PA that's $238,000 that beats USCs 3 year program with summers off at $156k!

In response to my plan B, I'm thinking of becoming an inn and out store manager, they make a difference in people's lives, one belly at a time and make $120k a year emoji23.png

Shoot, in all seriousness I do wish more of the PA programs would be public schools like NP programs, most, from my research are mostly private and are an upward of at least $40k a year.
Every year not working as a PA/NP is another year of lost income.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting point. On the income thing, you are talking about money you never had so is it really lost income. This discussion comes up a lot in comparing program length. My thought is I never actually made the money so you can’t really say you lost it. Think of it as time invested in your future earning potential and medical knowledge.

For ChristinQLe, there are PA programs that consider the last (most recent) 40-80 credit hours rather than all the classes that you have ever taken.  Perhaps it may be helpful to look for those programs? Spending that much money seems risky for a likely acceptance with targeting the appropriate programs.

For, tmac12, have faith in your ability.  I was in the same boat as you last year, and was just accepted into my number one school this week.  I don't think a 3.0 GPA is going to be too hard to work with, this is the time to show that those earlier C's were not a reflection of who you are now.  You can PM me and I can share my stats and what I did if you like.  I will refrain from posting them publicly.  

I wish you both luck, continue the pursuit of your dreams, they are closer and closer by the day.

Archived