Post-Interview "Don't Call Us, We'll Call You." Does this mean no contact at all?

At the end of my PA school interview, admissions officers said, "Don't call us, we'll call you."

However, I forgot to get the email of the student and alumni interviewers. I could possibly mail a thank you letter to the program, but am not sure whether the student and alumni interviewers would receive it since they do not work for the program. I worry that by not thanking them, that may not reflect well into my candidacy.

Here are options I'm considering:

1. Email admissions to ask for interviewers' email. 

2. Email admissions to thank them for considering me and for having me be interviewed. Maybe ask that they forward this email to the interviewer?

3. Don't email admissions at all, since admissions said "Don't call us, we'll call you." (But would not sending a "thank you" affect my candidacy?)

I was wondering if you can share your thoughts on this matter? Perhaps I am overthinking it, and the "Don't call us, we'll call you," does not apply to my situation? 

It is pretty normal to send a thank you email. I think what they don’t want to people pestering them about admission decisions. Both my interviews last year I sent emails to both school admissions email address, thanking the variou interviewers by name and also the other staff for putting the interview together.

Archived