Need advice! PTO must be submitted before March 31? (New Grad)

Hi everyone, 

I've been offered a job where I'm happy with the position/role, location, and the salary.The caveat is that the benefits are not great,  but I'm willing to compromise those aspects. The one thing I'm most concerned about is that all PTO days (no end of year roll overs, either) must be submitted by March 31 of each year. Is this normal? Has anyone had any experience with this? 

It's alright.  It does require planning ahead.  The biggest issue I've run in to is trying to find CME that far out.  We get a decent CME reimbursement and it is worth our while to actually go to a conference somewhere.  Unfortunately, trying to find something other than a big annual conference can be challenging as a lot of smaller events aren't advertised that far out.  In my time with my current employer, though, I've not run into an issue with vacation time off or scheduling CME time even scheduling everything 15 months or more in advance.  Colleagues are easy to work with if a switch is needed.  The schedulers are also flexible if we have a reasonable request.

Archived